Bad News from Beatty: Injury Accident in White Stag 10!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is small potatoes, compared to the good news that we just received about RT John's improved condition! But, my illegitimate bastard son SkooterG just sent me a text his "Dirty Old Whore" is now leaking coolant. Hell's Bell's, better go get my M/C trailer from the storage yard before it closes at sunset: For a SkootyG rescue!

Just a quick update on the minor issue. SkooterG called me about an hour ago and he was in Kingman AZ. Bike was running well and he didn't anticipate having any issues getting home from there. Right about now he's probably getting into the Phoenix metro area hitting out of town traffic. I'd say he'll be home within the hour.

This is small potatoes, compared to the good news that we just received about RT John's improved condition! But, my illegitimate bastard son SkooterG just sent me a text his "Dirty Old Whore" is now leaking coolant. Hell's Bell's, better go get my M/C trailer from the storage yard before it closes at sunset: For a SkootyG rescue!

Just a quick update on the minor issue. SkooterG called me about an hour ago and he was in Kingman AZ. Bike was running well and he didn't anticipate having any issues getting home from there. Right about now he's probably getting into the Phoenix metro area hitting out of town traffic. I'd say he'll be home within the hour.
Muchas gracias, Arturo! Thanks for tip off! I'll take my good beer out of the fridge, in case he drops by here; and replace it with Milwaukee's Best or Busch for Skooty!

Last edited by a moderator:
Woot Woot! (I imposed self control and edited my expletive) - good to hear SkooterG is as ok as he can be, (he ain't normal, folks).

BeemerDons- you are good man. 'nuff said?

Woot Woot! (I imposed self control and edited my expletive) - good to hear SkooterG is as ok as he can be, (he ain't normal, folks). BeemerDons- you are good man. 'nuff said?
I add my prayers for a successful recovery for both men. Also am praying for no more of these injury messages on the forum.

This just SUCKS!

Met and ridden with Badcat, he is definatly one of the good ones, glad that he is for the most part OK. Great to hear that RT John has no neurological issues.

Prayers, MOJO and all the surplus JUJU I have going thier way tonight.

Greg

I am back from White Stag after a brief pit stop in Big Bear on the way. Badcat and RT John are definetly in my thoughts, as they were last night.

I did not get to meet RT John, but I "know" him from some ride reports posted by forum member Agirl.

If you would like to learn a little more about RT John, here are some links to when I first virtually met him:

BBG ride:

https://www.seizethejourney.com/rideinfo/BBG1500.asp

Seafood Run to San Diego- to El Pescador- with Badcat and RT John both on the ride.

I still need to go to El Pescador sometime:

https://www.seizethejourney.com/rideinfo/Dec06-SSDS.asp

Thanks to the greatest brother in the world for driving 9 hrs each way and getting me home. Thank you all for the well wishes and prayers. I have a broken wrist and busted shoulder and will be ok in time.

John Beck is scheduled for surgery on his neck tomorrow or tues. His prognosis is good according to his daughter Sherri who arrived in Reno today.

I will update more tomorrow. I need a pain pill and some sleep now.

Cards and flowers can be sent to John here: Renown Regional Medical Center

1155 Mill Street

Reno, NV 89502

Room 427

John is one of the good guys and I pray for his speedy recovery.

Thanks SkooterG for waiting for me in Beatty.

Burk

Burk,

Considering what happened, it is soooo good to see you posting again, brother. Kyndall and I will be praying for your quick recovery as well as John's. You take good care of yourself.

Dave

Thanks to the greatest brother in the world for driving 9 hrs each way and getting me home. Thank you all for the well wishes and prayers. I have a broken wrist and busted shoulder and will be ok in time.
John Beck is scheduled for surgery on his neck tomorrow or tues. His prognosis is good according to his daughter Sherri who arrived in Reno today.
Dang Burk, I was saddend to hear about your mishap during the rally when we were gathered at the finish banquet. Glad you're on the mend already, and prayers for a speedy recovery for both you and John. It was nice to meet you there in Beatty. And I hope you'll forgive me for not getting that internet connection working. Ours didn't want to work either on Saturday night when we were wanting to do a weather-check for the ride home.

Here's a photo I snapped after we received our rally packets. L to R: Lloyd G, Chris (Eeksnake), John, Badcat Burk

P1010905.jpg

Sorry to hear of your misfortune Burk. I am glad to see you back online and mending at home. I do hope John's surgery goes well and he returns to his normal life as soon as time permits. My prayers go out for the both of you for a full recovery.

Dan

John Beck Update...Great News!

John's surgery this morning to secure the broken bones in his neck went very well. The surgeons did not have to fuse any bones together so John will have full movement of his neck. They expect to have him on his feet in a few hours and he could be released as soon as this weekend.

Sherri and Barb, John's daughters, asked me to pass on their thanks for all of the love and support sent their way. It has helped John's spirits to hear the well wishes.

They are still working on where John will be recovering over the next few weeks. They are mulling over several options.

My update is I have a blue wrist cast that matches my FJR and will be in a sling for my shoulder for at least 3 months. The breaks were not severe they just need to heal. My hope is John and I will be able to recover together as we will have a few months to kill...imagine the ride planning that could happen.

Burk

Thanks for the update. We are all glad you guys have mendable injuries. :yahoo:

Take care of yourselves and get those maps out! :clapping:

My hope is John and I will be able to recover together as we will have a few months to kill...imagine the ride planning that could happen.
Plenty of time before WFO! :lol: Hope to see you there, if not sooner. And thanks for the update.