Bar end weights

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJR01Oz

Reaction score
G'day all,

Can some one please explain to me the advantage of heavier bar end weights?

I'm new to the FJR and need some guidence.

I have already put on the helicoil handle bar adjusters, D&D slip ons and moded the air box to just cutting out the centres and a V Stream sheild.

Going to fit up the Vstrom hand guards next and do the TBS as soon as I can.

Can somebody put me onto someone that can supply the Vstrom hand guards?

Cheers

G'day all,
Can some one please explain to me the advantage of heavier bar end weights?

I'm new to the FJR and need some guidence.

I have already put on the helicoil handle bar adjusters, D&D slip ons and moded the air box to just cutting out the centres and a V Stream sheild.

Going to fit up the Vstrom hand guards next and do the TBS as soon as I can.

Can somebody put me onto someone that can supply the Vstrom hand guards?

Cheers
I found a slight buzz in the FJR's handlebars that only annoyed me if I put in long 400+ mile days. The buzz disappeared when I installed heavier bar end weights and, after I get off the bike on those long days, I no longer feel like my arms are still riding!

Try FJR Goodies for the Strom handguards and maybe they'll ship international.

Thanks very much for the info, I might have to invest in a set.
Cheers
I'm going to have to chime in here a little.

This bike is H E A V Y.

I have two others that are Light.

This heavy bike does not buzz or vibrate at all like my little ones. Also these handlebars are not really "handlebars" like regular bikes. These things are extremely ridged. Just try to flex them. Now sit on a bike with a standard style handlebar, and you can press and see it move(just a tiny bit of course).

My little old Honda CM400A, that I converted the bars to dirt bike bars, vibrated like crazy! I found some 1" long bar end weights and that made a big difference. I then just filled the bar with BB's and now the bar feels pratically solid.

Bar end weights, simply add mass to the handlebar so it vibrates less and makes it more comfortable to ride. The bigger the weight, the less the vibration.