bar risers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big ears

Reaction score
:rolleyes: Installe bar risers, like them so far. I can't say what kind. They are about 1 and1\4 inch high and come back about one half inch. Wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Found my cap nut on the tripple tree was not torqued much at all but the stearing head nut was goodentight.

I have the same ones you have, and like them after about 8K miles. Not nearly as noticeable in the twisties as I thought they might be.

:rolleyes: Installe bar risers, like them so far. I can't say what kind. They are about 1 and1\4 inch high and come back about one half inch. Wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Found my cap nut on the tripple tree was not torqued much at all but the stearing head nut was goodentight.
Me Toooo

OK what is the DIFF between the tripple clamp and just the risers, besides the amount of lift and price. I am about to buy some and am leaning toward just the lift blocks, seems alot less labor intensive, and I am not that mechanically inclined.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK what is the DIFF between the tripple clamp and just the risers, besides the amount of lift and price. I am about to buy some and am leaning toward just the lift blocks, seems alot less labor intensive, and I am not that mechanical inclined.
blocks are less labor intensive, they only raise the handle bars, the clamp style (like the heli clamp) also sets them back as well as raises them. I find the heli bar setup to be much more comfortable than just rising the bars them self.

your best bet is locate someone in your area that has them, and ask to see if you can try them out. Duff asked to sit on my bike after he got back from NAFO and i think he ordered them right after he got off. as a side note, if you have a custom seat like he did, he moved his seat to my bike and sat on it for better effect.

edit: if you are not mechanically inclined, ask a competent dealer to install them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the triple clamp if you want to see how they feel. If you buy either I'll be happy to assist you with the install.