BBG Attempt (Florida to Iowa)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great ride - very steady pace except an oddity at 7:06 to 7:35 AM. Highway slowdown for an accident or construction??

Can't see where he stopped for a nap!

Thanks to all!

I had a 4 into 1 lane merge east of Nashville that I was beginning to think would be the end of my ride.

I came home from work on Friday and could not sleep. By the time I hit Georgia, I was fatigued and back pains were taking their toll. Pretty good weather (overcast and raining)

Ride started at 7:15 pm and ended in a tad bit under 23 hours. I will write more about my thoughts when I get home, but the feelings now... well, the thrill is gone. Need some time to consider, but my desire to flower sniff and enjoy the ride are getting stronger.

I plan on doing some riding around Iowa while here. Think I will not do a BBG on the return ride to Florida.

I decide later- I use the BBG for motivation to get home quickly.

Craig? Pie time!

Congrats! Those 15s are tough. By the time I complete them, I want nothing to do with them. Then the next day I start plotting the next. The great thing about them is you can end up in a new place, then slow down and explore, have fun. Of course, it’s a long way home, but that’s for another day :) . Good job

Thanks to all!I had a 4 into 1 lane merge east of Nashville that I was beginning to think would be the end of my ride.

I came home from work on Friday and could not sleep. By the time I hit Georgia, I was fatigued and back pains were taking their toll. Pretty good weather (overcast and raining)

Ride started at 7:15 pm and ended in a tad bit under 23 hours. I will write more about my thoughts when I get home, but the feelings now... well, the thrill is gone. Need some time to consider, but my desire to flower sniff and enjoy the ride are getting stronger.

I plan on doing some riding around Iowa while here. Think I will not do a BBG on the return ride to Florida.

I decide later- I use the BBG for motivation to get home quickly.

Craig? Pie time!
Congratulations Tony!

Well total numbers are figured:

Miles- 1588

Time- 22 hours. 43 minutes

I ended the ride in Pleasant Hill, IA

Then cycled to subway and on to families house.

Slept very good last night !

Tomorrow, I need to go to Des Moines, Waterloo and Independence for sight seeing and general memory touring

Sorry, but I missed the entire thing while playing with my 3-year-old grandson. Glad you made it; glad you and the bike are OK.

Now .... Tony flower-sniffing? I'll believe it when I see it, brother!

Looks like you are already headed south, Tony. On highway 34 just a little southeast of your current location was a big shootout in Ottumwa, according to my homepage news. If you are trying to make time, possible media circus alert.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="101stpathfinder" data-cid="1402624" data-time="1533487265"><p>

What a difference it makes to get a nights sleep before riding a BBG. Felt great the whole way. Was delayed on two different occasions, Georgia DOT is not on my favorite list. <br />

Ride stats:<br />

1597 Odometer Miles<br />

22 hours. 32 minutes</p></blockquote>

Nice riding Tony, good to see you back in Florida.