"Beachy" hit a deer this morning!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks again all every day is better. one of the worst things is watching the temp outside rise to 60 degrees and know this training pilot is grounded

Get well Beachy and remember more phine can be best friend too bad they dont let you take it home :blink: I've hit 3 since locating to Tennessee 4 years ago thankfully in my car. Remember that there is a driving license not a hunting license :rolleyes: Get well soon

[quote name='midnight rider' timestamp='1294363786' post='817968 Remember that there is a driving license not a hunting license :rolleyes: Get well soon

y yeah my father in law hit me with that one. you know i really dont see that many around here but all it took was one

well it was such a nice day yesterday and i was feeling a lot better i decided to see if i could tie wire the fjr together enough to take a spin.

all i can say is that felt good what a great bike! got to take it easy for a while i could feel im not 100% but boy did it feel nice

Very good news indeed. Just in time to slowly ride back into a new season. The best is yet to come!

Keep Going!

Wow Beachy, I live in Nassau County, New York and have never seen a deer in my neck of the woods; if you want to call it that. However, I have read some horror stories on this forum about all types of things that cross the road at the most inappropriate of times. I'm really happy that you made it through ok; you can get another bike. Heal well and we'll see you or read stories about you being on the open road again in due time.

Wow Beachy, I live in Nassau County, New York and have never seen a deer in my neck of the woods; if you want to call it that. However, I have read some horror stories on this forum about all types of things that cross the road at the most inappropriate of times.
Here's my all-time favorite in that category (Thanks and apologies to Nik Isham)

As we were having our spirited ride, something caught my eye on the other side of the road and almost fell off my bike as I hit the brakes hard and pulled off onto the grass.

This was what I saw. Both pics below were taken by Meor. By the time I got there, they'd already moved along into the jungle.

4876155734_a1a6e412f1_b.jpg

4875562061_b75db2682e_b.jpg

The sign says 'Awas Gajah Liar Melintas'. Translated, 'Beware Wild Elephants Crossing'. Actually, they don't really cross. They like to sit on the road, especially at night and early morning as the road surface is nice and warm.

4876105574_b490ed3ec4_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: