Best Boots?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mogan

Reaction score
I have two pair of boots. One is for sport riding/fair weather romping--the Sidi vertigo corsa air. they're great except not too comfortable off the bike. these are keepers.

https://www.sidisport.com/eng/motorcycle/ar..._ID=MVVERTIGOCA

for everyday, long distance and foul weather riding I use the sidi on road sympatec. I'm not happy with the level of crash protection. And not reflectors of any kind.

suggestions? price secondary.

I have been using the Oxtar Gore Tex Matrix boots for a couple years now, and have walked through 8 inches of water in low water crossings (several times) with them on without a single leak.

They are warm in the winter, and faily cool in the summer (as cool as a boot can be anyhow), and waterproof. And they have a zippered side entry. What more could you ask?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Alpinestars Effex GTX Gore-Tex Boots. Super comfy, seems to have protection in all the right places, easy to get in and out of (zipper sides) and water proof. I haven't done a lot of wading and would think that with the zipper sides that eventually they would leak in deep water :eek: . In the rain, not a drop. Great boot. I have had them for 6yr and they are still as good as new. These boots would be more for your everyday and long distance rides.

Alpinestar SMX-R with gore-tex socks......need a warmer winter boot other than my thinsulate-gore-tex lace up tall hunting boots, but hey, it's Arizona !

I too have the Oxtar Goretex boots. Got then 4 years ago and love them. Always dry when it's wet and not too hot in the summer. The soles getting a bit smooth but that can be fixed easily. Toe shifter pad is worn too but probably doesn't matter much. I'd buy another set in a minute. I think I read some where that Alpinestars are made by the same people who make Oxtar's (or maybe the other way round). They are also a very good walking boot. No need to change when your get to a rally.

I've been using the Joe Rocket Speedmaster boot. It's more of a racing style boot but I like the price and protection level. I've worn them on 12-14 hour day trips and have no real complaints. They doo squeak a little.

I have two pair of boots. One is for sport riding/fair weather romping--the Sidi vertigo corsa air. they're great except not too comfortable off the bike. these are keepers.

for everyday, long distance and foul weather riding I use the sidi on road sympatec. I'm not happy with the level of crash protection. And not reflectors of any kind.

Well, I use to ride with a pair of steel-toe work boots that I got from Wal-Mart for $40 a pair, but that all changed after Hurricane Katrina! My partner left my pair of $400 black elephant boots behind in Metairie in the bottom of his hall closet. His condo filled with 18" of water and ruined them :angry2: !

Any how, since I travel to New Orleans a lot for business, I needed a pair of boots that I could ride safely with and use as a dress boot. I tried many on and my favorite (the ones I purchased) are the Crusierworks SideZip

https://www.cruiserworks.com/sidezip.cfm

Excellent pair of boots all the way around.

Merry Christmas!

Shane

I have the Alpinestars Effex GTX Gore-Tex Boots. Super comfy, seems to have protection in all the right places, easy to get in and out of (zipper sides) and water proof. I haven't done a lot of wading and would think that with the zipper sides that eventually they would leak in deep water :eek: . In the rain, not a drop. Great boot. I have had them for 6yr and they are still as good as new. These boots would be more for your everyday and long distance rides.

+1 on these boots. 3 years for me now. Very comfortable on and off the bike. My feet have been fine from the high 30s to the mid 90s and all types of rain. I occasionally forget to take them off at work because they're as comfortable as shoes. I'll buy another pair if these ever wear out.

The design and materials are so similar to the Oxtar that it would surprise me if oldaxe is right and they're made by the same company.

Oxtar Infinity boots (gore tex)...CE approved for motorcross or road racing....most comfortable boot I've used yet....& you can actually walk around in them all day and be comfortable....with you pants on the outside....nobody notice's them....a definite +1 :good: ....

+1 on the Oxtar Goretex Matrix. I have been wearing thewm for about 2 years now. Have kept my feet dry in the rain, and I can wear them all day when I ride to work with no discomfort.

Well, I use to ride with a pair of steel-toe work boots that I got from Wal-Mart for $40 a pair, but that all changed after Hurricane Katrina! My partner left my pair of $400 black elephant boots behind in Metairie in the bottom of his hall closet. His condo filled with 18" of water and ruined them :angry2: !

Any how, since I travel to New Orleans a lot for business, I needed a pair of boots that I could ride safely with and use as a dress boot. I tried many on and my favorite (the ones I purchased) are the Crusierworks SideZip

https://www.cruiserworks.com/sidezip.cfm

Excellent pair of boots all the way around.

Merry Christmas!

Shane
This boot is what I've worn for 2 years. Excellent if you have a high instep or wide foot....looks great off the bike. My soles are wearing out a bit and they are a little hot. But in 2 years they have never leaked, and I have ridden through some bad rainstorms.

...for everyday, long distance and foul weather riding I use the sidi on road sympatec.
+1 on the on-road sympatec -- I've had them for at least 4 years -- still keep me dry, still comfortable, still in good shape.

As for finding the Oxtar Matrix, Try Derby Cycles. I'm not familiar with the boot -- but have ordered many times from Derby Cycles -- fast good service (no affiliation)

Clicky

$159.99

I've got the Sidi GT Sympatex for foul weather. I found them more comfortable than the On Road version. Unfortunately Sidi doesn't make them anymore so I guess that really isn't too helpful. Maybe you could pick up a pair on ebay?

+1 on the Oxtar Goretex Matrix. I have been wearing thewm for about 2 years now. Have kept my feet dry in the rain, and I can wear them all day when I ride to work with no discomfort.
+2 on the Oxtar Matrix. On my second set and will buy em' again. Waterproof and comfortable right out of the box.