Best Price on Pilot Road 2???

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wicked Webby

Right is Harder than Wrong.
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I have 6k on my Pilot Road 2's and still say they are the best tires I have ever run. I got in on the group buy this past Spring for $279 for the set shipped. I hope to get some more life out of them but figured I would start my research on the best price on a replacement set.

The best price I have found shipped to my neck of the woods was $259.00 plus $15.50 shipping. Total shipped = $274.50

https://www.derbycycles.com/cgi-bin/eShop/i...lin&count=1

Anyone find anything better?

WW

find someone with the right equipment and buy'em a few beers AFTER he is done. worked for me.

offering beer or hard boze seems to be the best "Bribe" :rolleyes:

Or ask them how much they want to mount the tires if you bring them in. You can order the tires online for $300. I can't imagine they would quote you more than $75 each to mount and balance them (which is still a rip-off).

But you're still $200 ahead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Or ask them how much they want to mount the tires if you bring them in. You can order the tires online for $300. I can't imagine they would quote you more than $75 each to mount and balance them (which is still a rip-off). But you're still $200 ahead.
Yep, even the rip-of-a-stealer here only charges $40 each to mount when you bring 'em in.

My dealer was with in 15 bucks of the best price I found. So I bought from him and he mounted and balanced for free.

Man, life is good in SC. I got stuck buying a rear tire last year at inspection. (I thought it would pass. The state thought it didn't) and the bastards charged me $70 to mount it. I went out with the next $30 and bought tire irons and have changed 2 myself since.

I just bought a set of PR2s and use that Derby Cycle price for Dennis Kirk to "beat it by a buck" my total was $285.13 and I had to pay sales tax. DK is in our backyard so even with ground shipping if I order by 8 PM they're on my door step when I get home from work the next day.

My dealer was with in 15 bucks of the best price I found. So I bought from him and he mounted and balanced for free.
Dude! Go hug your dealer! Buy him beer, or donuts for the shop whatever. Keep that guy in business!
No kidding! It's dealers like the guy trying to rip me off that piss me off and make people not want to deal with physical locations in general.

I have no trouble with paying a markup for his physical business location expenses but he's trying to get me to pay *double* the price I can get on the internet. Which means he also thinks I'm some kind of moron who can't use a search engine to find out the real cost of the tires...

It's going to be so much fun going in there tomorrow and telling him where he can stick the new tires he ordered for me....

Dude! Go hug your dealer! Buy him beer, or donuts for the shop whatever. Keep that guy in business!
Hell, Elizabeth City is only 2.5 hours from me. I'll go hug him for you! (And see if he'll do the same deal for me. :) )

Hell, Elizabeth City is only 2.5 hours from me. I'll go hug him for you! (And see if he'll do the same deal for me. :) )
Ashe,

I am looking forward to your review of the PR2's!

WW

MY usual suspects (shipped to me):

MotoXoutlet $122 front - $151 rear plus $19 shipping = $292

Competition Acc $303 package plus shipping

Southwest $132 - 158 with shipping = $290

Even at a few dollars more you are getting a tire and a half. I have 4,100 on my set and the rear looks like it will go another 3,000 miles. That is 2-up fully loaded up to Canada via New England and back to PA. Excellent grip wet and dry.

Latest posts