Big Bear Ride Report - October 15, 2011

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRBluesman

Some call me... The STIG!
Reaction score
Everyone post your pix etc here. I’ll revise this with my pix later, too lazy right now. :blink:

AWESOME DISORGANIZED RIDE!!!! Absolutely the best disorganized ride I've ever been on. Big props to the guy that disorganized this for his solo ride. Happy-Slappy :yahoo:

Great meeting the new Valley dudes, Ok fine, for sure for sure. :p

Great meeting other new folks and always seeing the SD crowd. Even our local Iron butt'er Doug551 showed up! Always good to talk to the crazy man of long distance. :)

Great riding with fjrchick on her first SoCal ride with us. :)

Special mention - Huge Props to Ms. NASCAR for the boy brownies, I wish they were girl brownies, but hey, I’ll take what I can get when it comes to chocolate. :yahoo:

Johnny80s showed up hoping that beemerdons would buy him lunch. No such luck.

Neil and Janet arrived in matching helmets, that messed me up huge. I was always used to Neil in the pink helmet... or was it Janet... anywho.... :D

Had a great time guys and gals! :yahoo:

**Edit - Added pix.

Ya know, I’m sorry I didn’t capture the beautiful pix of the streams of water running between the canyons. The changing colors of the yellow and red deciduous trees. The rock outcroppings from Big Bear Lake with tall pines shooting skyward. It was a real pretty ride, but all we did was ride and eat. Maybe others like Janet and Neil got some good pix. Mine are short and sweet.

Meeting place at the Redlands Starbucks.

IMG-20111015-00014.jpg

Doug551 (with the ponytail) listening to another Feej enthusiast tell Doug that his iron butt bike would be 15 pounds lighter if he washed it. Although Doug was saving weight by not installing all the hardware on the bike to make up for it. ;) And I also caught one of the local blondies in the pic.

IMG-20111015-00013.jpg

Ms. NASCAR’s World famous “boy” brownies! Mmmmm chocolate….

IMG-20111015-00017.jpg

Lunch at Old Country Inn – Big Bear Lake, CA

IMG-20111015-00020.jpg

Sorry but my phone camera doesn’t do to well taking pix into the sun.

IMG-20111015-00018.jpg

I believe pegscraper was trying to give me the international motorcycle symbol for, “FJRBluesman is the number one rider”, or maybe not…

IMG-20111015-00019.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Even our local Iron butt'er Doug551 showed up! Always good to talk to the crazy man of long distance. :)
That was the first bike I have ever seen with bugs from 48 states!Did you name them? :D :blink:

When the pictures come, it would be nice if someone added the names and screen names. I am old and forget! What did I just post, humm, where are my keys, squirrel. :p

I love a really good Disorganized ride. Met some new folks, forgot most names already. So to ULWEZ, whoever you are :rolleyes: I doubt I can comply

if you click the photo it takes you to my Webshots Album where you can see and or download a larger version. Also I will apologize if the "action" photo I took of you is blurry or I missed you. This was my first attempt at roadside photos and I wasn't as smooth as I should've been.

Zip<<< Also I will apologize if the "action" photo I took of you is blurry or I missed you. This was my first attempt at roadside photos and I wasn't as smooth as I should've been.
Ed - I saw you (I didn't know it was you at the time). As we were heading down Hwy18 I noticed a few people on corners with their cameras. I do remember one spot where a person (you) was really intent on taking some pix, almost looked like it was being taken of us riding. I thought maybe just taking photos for the heck of it or capturing I don't know what. I didn't see a bike or car near where you were shooting the pix, almost looked like you were hiding behind that giant pile of dirt or mountain.
Anyway nice shots of us, thanks. ;) I'm surprised you caught fairlaner as he was always a zip code ahead of us all. :D

I love a really good Disorganized ride. Met some new folks, forgot most names already. So to ULWEZ, whoever you are :rolleyes: I doubt I can comply

if you click the photo it takes you to my Webshots Album where you can see and or download a larger version. Also I will apologize if the "action" photo I took of you is blurry or I missed you. This was my first attempt at roadside photos and I wasn't as smooth as I should've been.

SnowAviation Thanks for the pic's,

That's the first pic I have of me actually riding my FJR.

Hope we can do more of these disorganized rides soon.

Thanks Again

Kman09

Thanks Gerry, that was a fun time! Great to see old friends and new. Sorry, no pics...

Neil and Janet arrived in matching helmets, that messed me up huge. I was always used to Neil in the pink helmet... or was it Janet... anywho.... :D
Pink helmet in the fall? Please, that would be a fashion faux pas.

Zip<<< Also I will apologize if the "action" photo I took of you is blurry or I missed you. This was my first attempt at roadside photos and I wasn't as smooth as I should've been.
Ed - I saw you (I didn't know it was you at the time). As we were heading down Hwy18 I noticed a few people on corners with their cameras. I do remember one spot where a person (you) was really intent on taking some pix, almost looked like it was being taken of us riding. I thought maybe just taking photos for the heck of it or capturing I don't know what. I didn't see a bike or car near where you were shooting the pix, almost looked like you were hiding behind that giant pile of dirt or mountain.
Anyway nice shots of us, thanks. ;) I'm surprised you caught fairlaner as he was always a zip code ahead of us all. :D
I've been told I have some lookalikes out there. I only use them when I need to make an escape or avoid the paparazzis when out partying. That day I did not bring my canon and we didn't fly down the mtn until 4:30-5ish.

Richard, I missed your que but really wanted to join you on that last leg up to Big Bear. From the back, I past up the group and misc cages, but by the time I got up to Gerry you were no where in sight.

Neil, did you and Todd ever get the dishwasher to fit?

Pink helmet in the fall? Please, that would be a fashion faux pas.
Neil, I just can't believe what a bonehead Simon can be sometimes.

Pink helmets are for Springtime only, and never worn before Easter!

Thanks to eveyone that joined me on my lonely ride up to Big Bear. It turned out to be a beautiful day for all of those that didnt want to come. FJRChica, your in California now, sorry the boys left you at the gas station, though I see from the pics you caught up to them before to long. Richard thanks for being our radar detector, it sure made the ride into Big Bear much more pleasant. Simon, sorry baby but the kilt was at the dry cleaners again. Ed and Jacquie for the yummy brownies as always. To the rest of the mob thanks for a fun lunch in the mountains. Its always fun BSing with fellow riders. You never know what subjects will be covered. I promise I will put together another unorganized ride in the very near future.

Yeah, they were just down the road a bit waiting for me. It woulda been all good, my gps can always get me home. Had a great day and it was a pleasure to meet everyone that I didn't already know.

if you click the photo it takes you to my Webshots Album where you can see and or download a larger version.
Thanks for the great shots but I'm having a hard time figuring out how to download them, when I click on full size it says "This photo may only be saved by friends" and when I click Download it takes me to the "Premium Membership" sign up page.

Thanks again.