Bike Bandit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred W

1 Wheel Drive
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I've done a pretty decent amount of business with these people in the past years. It started several years ago when I was looking for Ducati parts for my Monster 750 and the nearest decent dealership was too far away.

Once I was on their mailing list I continued to buy parts here and there and some riding gear when they would have a particularly good deal, occasionally. I got sucked in to buying a couple of different close-out items that when I got them, didn't fit me. I knew up front that there was a no-return policy, but I was a little upset that they gave no guidance that the sizes ran funny on that item. Oh well, I'd sell it off at a good deal price to someone else on line and take my lumps.

Several times I would order an item and then get an email back saying they were out of stock on the item I ordered, so that item was canceled from my order.

Today was the last straw. I wanted to buy a set of 5 idle jets for my Triumph Trophy's carbs. $15. Since I'd be already be paying for shipping, I threw on a set of 2 fuel filters for $3 each and a weird Triumph captive nut I needed for $1.42. I got an email back that the jets were back ordered with no availability date. They would ship me the other items and if they couldn't get the jets within 30 days they would automatically cancel that part of the order. What?

So I went on their online live chat help and asked if they would still be charging me the same shipping fee on these few small parts if the big item I wanted was "cancelled" after 30 days, even after they already took my order saying that they are in stock. "Phyllis" told me they have an $8 minimum shipping fee and so yes, they would still charge me the same shipping fee. I asked her to cancel my entire order and she did.

Then she asked if there was anything else she could do for me today. I asked if she could be sure they have the items in stock that they say they do when I order. She came back anbd asked if I had read their ordering policies on OEM parts. I told her they were not OEM parts, they were actually aftermarket Jets. She was back to the policies, etc.

I informed Phyllis that they had just lost my business for eternity. Good day.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm with ya on this one. Bike Bandit is too big or doesn't care enough to give personal service. Had the same experience with KTM parts from them. Cstomer service is a dying art in this country, I guess that's why so many people on the forum deal with Gary at Mondak.

Fred - Sorry you've had issues with BB.

I have not had issues with BB. I have used live chat, etc, and they have helped me. I have bought after market and OEM parts, I too couldn't always get what I asked, but that's mail order (or online) to me. I have not had to return anything but they do have a return policy that seems fair to me.

About their prices; If they are too high I don't buy from them, I go to another vendor, it's simple. I do belong to the AMA, so that discount also helps.

Anyway, my 2 cents.

Last edited by a moderator:
My issue with BB is not with their pricing. I'm an AMA member too and took advantage of their discount offer.

It's their policy to partially ship an order and cancel the rest if it's not in stock. Had I not got back to them immediately I would have ended up paying $8 to ship about $6 in little parts because they didn't have the jets that they said they had in stock. Also, I'm not a big fan of minimum shipping fees. Why not charge someone what it will actually cost to ship the item?

Whatever... I just wanted to clarify that point.

I recently ordered a set of Michelin PR 3 tires from Bike Bandit. With the "B" spec rear and including the AMA member discount the pair cost $285 shipped. Unfortunately, despite being drop shipped by Parts Unlimited the tires shipped from San Diego, CA to my home in NY. I ordered the tires on 6/25 and received them on 7/9. Typically tire orders ship from an east coast warehouse and arrive in two days. Still a great price!

Bummer. I recently ordered a set of Bridgestone 023 GT spec tires from them. Arrived at my house in 2 days.

I got a pair of Tourmaster pants from Bike Bandit last winter. When they arrived, I went to remove the liner and noticed one of the elastic loops on the pants wasn't sewn in on one end.

I requested to exchange the pants for a different pair, and Bike Bandit gave me an RMA number.

Then... nothing... for a month!!!!!!

I e-mailed a few times, didn't hear much, then called in to see what was up. They said they sent the pants back to Tourmaster to be evaluated for repair, and that I'd have to wait 4-6 weeks. I asked if I could just return the pants, and they agreed to that. I'm not sure why they couldn't exchange the pants for me. I'm also not sure why they thought I'd be happy with a B-stock repaired pair of pants..

I would recommend Revzilla if at all possible.

I've had pretty good success with Bike Bandit, but I try to be very careful when I order stuff. I hate having to return things. The biggest issue I have had is their sales staff does not seem to know motorcycles very well.

Once, when looking for a tank bag, all the kid could do was quote cubic centimeter sizes. He didn't even know what they meant. He didn't understand how the bag was supposed to work on the bike. I wonder if he and "Phyllis" and the other bad reps are just people who need a job and are only able to respond with what the book tells them. If they don't ride, they probably don't know.

Oh, and I know Phyllis is from 2009. Lol...

I have had nothing but stellar service with them. I recently ordered tires for my Goldwing and they were here in two days. Over the years I have tried other suppliers but continue to go back to them. I find that other suppliers are cheaper on some items but I have stayed with BB.... Unfortunate you had a different experience.

Wow timely post Fred. I just ordered a front fender from them for my little XT 225. I went on chat and asked if she knew what color the fender was because it didn't say in the description.....she said it must be the color of that year cuz it only comes in one color.....but she couldn't tell what that color was??? Well I hope to goodness it's white. I also ordered some new windscreen screws for the feej. Anyway several days went by and I hadn't heard a thing, come to find out the screws were on back order???!!! I wouldn't have bothered ordering them had I known that!! A couple screws worth a couple bucks holding up the whole order kinda ticked me off. Anyway a couple more days passed and now the whole order is on the way.....just hope that dang fender is white!!

I won't do business with them any longer, too many stories like the others posted. I even complained to the AMA saying they need another quality parts dealer. I do fine with Revzilla, Motorcycle superstore, Competition accessories and my local shop Cycle Outfitters. Lots of options out there.