Bike Listing To The Right

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't tell if mine wobbles, probably because I'm a really insensitive guy. HOWEVER, with hands off the bars, my 2015 seems to drift to the left. Happens at almost any speed (please don't think I constantly ride with no hands) and requires significant leaning to the right to counter the slow drift.

Now, I don't think this is off topic, because Bill Lumberg titled the thread "listing to the right" and I'm saying mine lists to the left. He's got a 2014, and I've got a 2015. Significant? Of course not. I always chalked it up to shaft-drive torque, without even bothering to determine if the shaft spins clockwise or counter clockwise (or anti-clockwise for our Euro friends).

And please don't say the shaft spins clockwise if you are looking from the front, and counter clockwise if you're looking from the back.

Last edited by a moderator:
...And please don't say the shaft spins clockwise if you are looking from the front, and counter clockwise if you're looking from the back.
Ok, it's the Coriolis effect.
smile.png

My '04 typically didn't pull or wobble on decel. But, one set of Pirelli tires caused a wicked wobble and to the credit of Pirelli, without even asking their rep offered to replace the new tire with another. My FJR went into the garage a wobbler and came out a rock solid, straight liner. Before talking to Pirelli I had checked the wheel install, the bead line on both sides and the rim run-out. A couple of years ago I had another set of BT-023 GT tires that handled like shit but fortunately they also wore out exceptionally fast. A lot of the roads around Huntsville ON must have been extremely abrasive.

... HOWEVER, with hands off the bars, my 2015 seems to drift to the left. Happens at almost any speed (please don't think I constantly ride with no hands) and requires significant leaning to the right to counter the slow drift.
Hey! My '15 does too! It's only a slight left pull, but actually mildly annoying on long slab runs, where it's not uncommon to sit back a bit and steer handsoff for hours on end...
smile.png

See above from the resident professor: Coriolis Effect. Pulls to the right in Australia.
rolleyes.gif