Bike Wants to Turn Right

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moses2

Reaction score
Hello all. The 2007 FJR1300A is running well, and enjoying the SWFL roads. They sure are straight and flat. I find myself exceeding (demolishing) the speed limit often. After 2-300 miles,I find myself feeling none the worse for wear. Like the bike alot...except for one particular thing. New tires, rebuilt forks, and it feels to me (again this may be normal) that when I am making slower turns, the bike kinda wants to roll into or dive abit more than I'm used to. Especially to the right. Normal?

You do realize roads are crowned from the center to the right to shed water?  It's subtle, but I notice it at higher speeds on the FJR.

Check your tire pressures.  If the tire pressure is too low in the front tire, the FJR will fall into turns.  If the tire pressure is too high in the front tire, the FJR will want to stand up in turns.  At the golden middle between those pressures, the FJR will steer almost by thought control.  Start with 38 PSI Front /42 PSI Rear, and tinker just a few PSI at a time from there.  Be careful that you do not change lanes when you glance to one side to view surrounding traffic.

B)