Billet aluminum Tender Plug Mount

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WTP07

Reaction score
I added this little farkle after finding it and the vendor on another FJR forum.

Installed it yesterday. Looks great, works great. (This is the pic of his FJR, not mine, it's sleeting sideways outside at the moment, I'm not going out there to take a pic!)

IMG_5171_zpsyzhv4mef.jpg

damn, its almost as shiny as the rest of your bike...
smile.png

Nice. but too close to hot parts for my liking. But, if I wasn't worried about that I would definitely do it that way.

(and I bet its fine..)

Last edited by a moderator:
damn, its almost as shiny as the rest of your bike...
smile.png

Nice. but too close to hot parts for my liking. But, if I wasn't worried about that I would definitely do it that way.

(and I bet its fine..)
LOL, Mine is shiny, but not this shiny. This is the vendor's bike.

And no worries on the hot parts, it's all good. :)

Not real sure what the big advantage of having it way down there would be.

I have mine running from the battery (doh!) out to the front of the fuel tank area. This is an ideal area to access it for use as power for my tank bag while riding, a roadside air compressor whenever needed, or to plug it into a battery tender / charger (doh!) during the long winter months. Yeah, it's plugged into the tender right now.
not_i.gif

I have mine running from the battery (doh!) out to the front of the fuel tank area. This is an ideal area to access it for use as power for my tank bag while riding, a roadside air compressor whenever needed, or to plug it into a battery tender / charger (doh!) during the long winter months. Yeah, it's plugged into the tender right now.
not_i.gif
My battery tender sits on the left side of the bike when it is in the shop. This is out of the way and super convenient when I need to plug it in.

not_i.gif
Ditto^^ I see no need to spend beer money on this farkle. I too have my tender pigtail running along side the right side of the gas tank tucked btwn teh tank and fairing. Easy to access and like Fred, it is available to attach air compressor for blow up doll!!!

I never used a battery tender. I just keep riding. Weather or not.
no.gif

Edit: I like it, but like Fred said not in a good spot.

Dave

I never used a battery tender. I just keep riding. Weather or not.
no.gif

Edit: I like it, but like Fred said not in a good spot.

Dave
It's actually in a perfect spot. For me. As stated, my tender sits on the left side of my bike. This allows me to not have to take off the seat to access it or have a cord dangling anywhere. To each their own. Unfortunately, riding all year is not an option here. And in the spring especially, I may get a riding day, then 2 weeks or more before the next.