BLACK Kuryakyn ISO Grips

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see no one ask, but since you lose the bar end weights, does the rubber in the grips stop bar vibration. They look great on the bike , but i`m a funtion over form guy.

From the Kuryakyn website:

Note: The vibration isolating rubber & the small additional grip weight eliminates the need for your stock bar end weight.

Another item on my winter to do list..

Just chiming in. I have the Iso Grips on my '03 and they are awesome. My beautiful fiance' got them for me and they fit just fine. Went on quickly. I also use the Throttle Boss and it is a Godsend on long rides. Just make sure that when you install these, do NOT get the glue in between the bar and the throttle sleeve. It will become instant "unwanted" cruise control. Take it from some one who knows. lol

TX...Gaurald can help with the Kury hiway pegs....he did great work on mine...

IMG_2585.jpg

IMG_2581.jpg

I know they're expensive, but since they are used 100% of the time I'm on the bike, I took the plunge. I think they look great and are very comfortable...

Black+Kuryakyn+ISO+Grips.jpg

FWIW, I bought the 6341 model. I just wish that Kuryakyn made the highway pegs in black to match...

If you look at their web site you'll notice they also sell a slick matching bar end weight that is the cats meow. Good looking grips that absolutely reduce vibration as well.

I want to replace the stock grips on my 2003 and see that down through history the BMW grips seem to be a favorite -- but unfortunately no longer available.
I just bought some BMW grips Yesterday. I went to the dealer a week ago and asked about them and he said he didn't have any in stock so he ordered some. They went on easy but a little shorter than stock but easy to make work. I gave him these part numbers for him to look up.

Part Number Description

32721458395 LEFT GROOVED HANDLE

32721458396 RIGHT GROOVED HANDLE

To clarify the part numbers of the iso grips. this is part of my communication with kuryakyn:

You: Morning Tim, can you tell me the difference between your black ISO grips # 6341 and 6344? thanks

Tim H.: the length of the grip, the 6341 is 5 1/4" and the 6344 is 4 5/8"

Last edited by a moderator:
What about the heated grips. Will we be able to reuse the factory heaters or have to purchase new ones to work with their grips?[/font]

What about the heated grips. Will we be able to reuse the factory heaters or have to purchase new ones to work with their grips?[/font]
Factory heating elements are in the grips , so no. And being that the Kury grips are thick, not sure if any aftermarket heater will work well.

Wtf.....

Shiiiiiiit.... I asked the wrong question of Kuryakyn tech support:

Which grips fit the 2005 FJR1300, the 6344 or the 6341?

Do the 6339 gloss black grip end weights work with either?

Here is the response I got from Kuryakyn tech support:

Hi XXXXX,

Thank you for your email. I am sorry but we do not offer a fitment for your FJR1300. Please feel free to call or email me with any other questions.

Thanks and have a great day!

Tim Horvath - Technical support

It's unclear from this thread which was the right fit. The guy who started this thread installed 6341 (I think) and another guy recommended (and installed?) 6344.

The guy who started this thread installed 6341 (I think) and another guy recommended (and installed?) 6344.
I had the same question and finally just ordered the 6341s. They fit my 2003 perfectly. The bar ends would fit either, I'd think, and are well worth the $$...

Last edited by a moderator: