Blogging the Spank

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwhite518

Reaction score
Tomorrow I'm heading out for the Spank rally. Here's a link to my blog. No promises that this will be an Ignacio-quality blog, just whatever effort I can muster. I'll try to make a few audio entries each day during the rally. Maybe even a text post from Omaha. Click the link at the top right to see my Star-Traxx position reports.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's awesome Jerry!

Looking forward to reading (hearing) all about the SPANK rally from one of its participants.

Good luck!

This is great, now I can keep an eye on the competition. At the end of every day I will compare what I have done to what you did, that way I will know how many points I need to score to stay just ahead of you. Thanks Jerry !

And the mind games continue.

OK. Question -
This is in Salt Lake, right? :blink:
No. It starts in Tulsa and finishes in Omaha.

.....wouldn't want to you be in the wrong place. ;)

crap!!

better look at the map. :dribble:

See youse guyz in Omaha. That's right NEXT to Salt Lake City. Kind of.

Hal, are you in this thing too? Damn, that's someone else I have to beat.
It is SO hard to take a man seriously when his avatar has him wearing a brassiere......snerk.

But it is kind of cute - the way the strap is "suggestively" falling off his shoulder ... makes one wonder what sort of tattoos or piercings he might have hidden there ... :unsure:

jwhite - if'n yer needing something cruising through Omahell let me know...I'm here for the weekend.

Or I might see you returning from DSM to omahell; I'll be in a silver bullet (cager :( ) driving back to Iowa City.

Great stuff Jerry! I'll be riding along with ya in spirit. I did my first ss1k at NAFO this year and had a blast. I think I may have the bug. Good Luck and I'll be checking in on your blog throughout your journey. I always wondered why we had to read 'Old Man and the Sea' when I was in grade school. Now that I've been riding for 35+ years it makes sense how you put it. Have a safe and fantastic ride!! :yahoo:

Kurt

Hugely interesting rally George handed out.

I'm sure there are a bunch of helmet fires going on right now.

I, uncharacteristically, have....a plan.

Not gonna tell what it is as I've got that competitive streek in me again....but one will get a clue when they see a direction in the morning.

Might have to turn off my SPOT for a few hours too......George was right......transmitting your location could be a problem if one has delusions of rally grandeur and low number finishes. ;)

Good night all.

Ig

....oh, what the heck...here's my route. George planned it for me.

P8060291b.JPG

...it's a joke.He handed them out to everybody........well I hope it's a joke. It had to take him a long time.....maybe I should look at it more. Agghhh! My helmet is on fire!

Latest posts