Bluetooth headset?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anssec66

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a blue tooth headset to pair to my Iphone 4 while I ride. I would like to listen to music and be able to answer the phone while I'm riding. Does anyone have any suggestions on which one is good. I don't really need to intercom with anyone, but wouldn't mind having one just I need one in the future.

Sena SMH10 is the one I like to use. Pretty good volume and big control knobs so it's easy to use with gloves on. Mine works great with iPhone4 and Zumo 660.

+1 on the Scala Rider G4! It works great with iPhone, uses the iPod feature and broadcasts in stereo. Also gets FM radio, has 6 presets and scans for strongest signals. Intercom system works between bike, range is 1 mile which I can't verify but I know it works well over a quarter mile. My 2 cents...

The interphone F4 has worked fine for me - you can even voice dial and choose artists by voice.

I'm very happy with my SMH10, I mostly use it for listening to music but when I've received a call while riding it was easy to answer with gloves on and sound quality was good for both parties.

SENA SMH10 the pick of the bunch it is a beauty see Cougar8000 for a great deal. I brought 2 and a few extras now I have to get another one because a mate of mine loved it so much he has taken it!!!!

I have tried several and all seem good My latest is the UClear 100 it is clear answers my droid I can hear music from Phone or Zumo 550 I was sick of wires from my J&M CB Intercom.

Another satisfied Sena user here. Big reason I went withe the Sena was due to the availability of the clamp with a 3.5mm jack in place of the in helmet speakers. I currently use custom molded ear sets, which are worth every penny.

I really like the Nolan NCOM helmets and bluetooth communications accessories. Mine has worked flawlessly for several years. If you don't want to buy a Nolan helmet, I think they've just released a device for non-Nolan NCOM helmets.

Scala G4. Have it on my Shark EVO. Like the others have said. Droid-X for me, Zumo 550, bike-to-bike ever around city corners.

I have the Sena SMH10 dual pack. Wife uses second unit as a passenger. Works great. A friend bought a setup for when we are out dualsporting. Nice being able to communicate on the trails. But .5 of a mile depending on terrain is about it. No wires, awesome. Rocket Moto had a group buy add on ADVRIDER, best price I could find.

I really like the Nolan NCOM helmets and bluetooth communications accessories. Mine has worked flawlessly for several years. If you don't want to buy a Nolan helmet, I think they've just released a device for non-Nolan NCOM helmets.
Blinc makes the bluetooth for the Nolan and can be purchased separately. Cycle Gear carries them.

I was thinking of getting the SMH10 for my Nolan N-103 but am concerned about the wind noise. I have a great pair of ear buds that double as earplugs and was wondering with speakers installed in helmet can you hear music over the wind noise with any type of quality?