Bluetooth Helmet?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctfjr

Reaction score
Well my Quantum is probably getting to the end of the line and before I pull the trigger on another helmet I would appreciate anyone's comments on the newer Bluetooth units. I am looking for a full face. Are there any owners of these helmets that would care to share their comments? Battery life is pretty important as I usually ride 10-12 hours a day on my ride-abouts.

TIA

Well my Quantum is probably getting to the end of the line and before I pull the trigger on another helmet I would appreciate anyone's comments on the newer Bluetooth units. I am looking for a full face. Are there any owners of these helmets that would care to share their comments? Battery life is pretty important as I usually ride 10-12 hours a day on my ride-abouts. TIA
Now that arai has decided to come out with a new model, the Quantum II's have been discounted to 300 bucks. I'd be looking to buy another quantum II and using the extra funds to hook up a blue tooth in it. We both know there probably no helmut out there thats as comfortable as a quantum II.

GreyGoose

I just picked up a VCAN. Got it through COSTCO in case I didn't like it I would be able to return it without shipping. I have only tried it on a few short blasts so the jury is still out but the blue tooth works with my phone. The helmet seems comfy enough for me and was inexpensive as compared to others on the market. It also seems to be the same helmet or at least looks the same as far as I could tell during my research as a couple of the higher priced brands. YMMV. :)

I just plug my XBi2 12v charger into the battery tender dongle when we stop for food or longer stops. Tends to keep it going for the day but I don't typically ride for more than 8 hours/day.

I use the open face mic XBi2 set up with my FF Shoei x-11. Works well.

I just picked up a VCAN. Got it through COSTCO in case I didn't like it I would be able to return it without shipping. I have only tried it on a few short blasts so the jury is still out but the blue tooth works with my phone. The helmet seems comfy enough for me and was inexpensive as compared to others on the market. It also seems to be the same helmet or at least looks the same as far as I could tell during my research as a couple of the higher priced brands. YMMV. :)
Fastpappy I tried to find it on Costco's site but had no luck :(

Do you have a link? I have never seen anything like this at the stores.

Thanks

My buddy has the Nolan bluetooth and hates it. He much prefers his Quantum with Scala.

I ride with a Scala in a Scorpion, works great.

My buddy has the Nolan bluetooth and hates it. He much prefers his Quantum with Scala.I ride with a Scala in a Scorpion, works great.
I tried the Nolan bluetooth at a bike show and the volume wasn't sufficient. It was okay in the convention center at max volume, but add some road noise and I wouldn't be able to hear anything. I did buy the Nolan N103 helmet without their Ncom system and plan on adding a different bluetooth system.