Bob Hoover Aerobatics

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRocket

Doctor Throckenstein !!!
Reaction score
is one of my favorite pilots. I remember watching him fly his routine with both engines out in his Shrike Commander when I was just a kid. Saw him do it a couple years ago (with a co-pilot onboard) too. Very slick.
The YOU TUBE video really doesn't do justice to the demo this veteran test pilot used to perform. Boy had skills!

Last edited by a moderator:

So, TWN, you would prefer to have a prettier pilot over a skilled one? :blink:

I guess it depends on where you want to end up. :rolleyes:

I've seen video of Mr Hoover demonstrating aerobatics in a twin with either or both engines off more than once. His skills are the best.

A pilot pouring tea, while rolling his aircraft, with Generals on board drinking coffee, while the cameras are rolling, and not a drop of coffee or tea spilled. The only thing wrong here is that you don't need a stewardess. :eek:

I had the good fortune to watch Bob Hoover fly his P-51 Mustang at an air show in Minnesota just over 30 years ago. It was a dream come true for me and I've never forgotton the aerial display he put on. :D

didn't this guy Bob Hoover, die in a plane crash not long ago? thought I had heard/read that a while back?

Man has a, um, nose for flying! :D
So, TWN, you would prefer to have a prettier pilot over a skilled one? :blink:

I guess it depends on where you want to end up. :rolleyes:
I would agree with TWN on this (how did that happen?)... my preferred pilot would be Pussy Galore...

goldfingertwo1.jpg
;)

Having seen Hoover fly and met him personally, at Oshkosh years ago, I can tell you he is both humble and larger than life at the same time. He is very much alive.

I also think he rides a Galaxy Blue FJR because there is nothing faster :D