Bouncing V46 Givi top boxes

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Altinger

Reaction score
Hey all.

Ah, today after hitting a pothole my V46 Givi box decided it wanted its freedom so it popped off and bounced and rolled... bounced and rolled. Watching it flee from me in my mirror didn't create a lot of joy in my heart for those couple seconds.

Anyway, the painted panel is scratched to hell and back so I'll get a replacement. Fortunately the rest of the box is just fine.

Is there anyway I can reinforce the latch or something? I don't need this happening again!

How confident are you that it was fully seated? I've never heard of a Givi V46 doing that before.

I've found my E52 a little bit sideways a couple of times, one of the front tabs not seated correctly. Found it during my lights check when the brake light kit didn't work, the contact wasn't lined up.

But attached correctly, the fully loaded (or more) box stayed in place in both of my low-sides. I can't imagine a bump jarring it loose unless it threw you off the bike as well and the bike went tumbling down the hillside. Even then, I'd expect a 50/50 shot for the box to still be attached.

Well,

Maybe I didn't have it locked into both tabs. I slid it in place as usual and hear a solid "CLICK" as it latched down.

Oh well. I'll put it back on and see what happens. I'm just glad it didn't plow someone else's car behind me!

Well,
Maybe I didn't have it locked into both tabs. I slid it in place as usual and hear a solid "CLICK" as it latched down.

Oh well. I'll put it back on and see what happens. I'm just glad it didn't plow someone else's car behind me!
Do you think some new Paint could fix it up?? If so, drop a PM to Garauld here on the forum. He has done some great

paint work for a lot of fellow members. He painted my Givi E52 to match my 07A. He did a great job!

WW

Ah, it kissed the ground pretty hard. It would have scrapes in the plastic all over. My buddy at his bike shop gets me stuff at cost, so it should only cost $70 or so. I'm dropping off my FJR to him tomorrow to wire in the power for my Garmin Zumo 550 so at least the timing is convenient. :)