Bridgeport 2011 - Sat/Sun - Sept 17/18

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler

Miss Demeanor
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
This has become an annual event. My friend, Patrick, was the one who organized the ride every year but he recently moved to Texas so another friend, Tom, has graciously stepped up to take the reins and keep the ride going. Last year, we had several folks from this board who attended (many via cage due to medical issues, etc. - don't care how you get there, just get there!) and I hope that they, as well as a few others, will join in again this year!

The Virginia Creek Settlement is a wonderful place and we're hoping to book the whole place so we can do as we please (so to speak!). The food is always stellar (cost includes dinner on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday and wine/beer with dinner), the roads beautiful (and hopefully the snow will be gone by then but who knows!!), and the company of friends is always the best.

Here is the info from an email that Tom sent:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello! I’m now taking deposits for the annual ride to Bridgeport Saturday September 17th and Sunday September 18th for all the remaining rooms at the Virginia Creek Settlement. The ride departs from near Stockton just after breakfast and arrives at the Virginia Creek Settlement just south of Bridgeport near the Bodie Ghost town for an evening of great steaks, and good times, followed by breakfast the next morning before we all blow to the four winds. Patrick Mulrooney has organized this ride previously but has passed the baton as he went to Austin, TX this year. I’m sticking pretty closely to Patrick's rules of engagement so if you’ve done one of these in the past it’s pretty much the same deal. As always the rates include a single night’s lodging, along with 2 meals and Wine/Beer. As in the past, your participation this year gets you into the alumni roster for early sign up next year for all room types.

Let’s get the Fine Print out of the way first. As this is my first time doing this I will take full advantage of the lessons Patrick has learned over the years. I’m also going to try my best, as Patrick also did over the years to work with you all to ensure maximum satisfaction.

The fine print:

All accommodations are shared - there are no single rooms or tent spaces. Rooms, tents & wagons hold between 2 and 4 people. Beds come in all shapes and sizes and may include, but are not limited to: twin beds, single beds, double beds, sofa beds, bunk beds, futons, queen beds and anything else The Settlement might add between now and then. Not all hotel rooms are en-suite. The "better" beds are assigned based in the order in which payment is received subject to the flexibility needed to insure the maximum number of people can attend.

Exception: Covered Wagons (2) available may be rented solo.

Your advance payment guarantees a place to sleep and two meals, wine, beer, only. Room, bed, and/or tent & wagon assignments are at my sole discretion and are subject to change at any time without notice.

Unless you are sleeping in the same bed, requests for specific roommates will be accepted but not guaranteed. If you are married and want to sleep with your spouse, be sure to let me know!

As in past years, room and bed priority is based on the order in which payment is received. These advance deposits are also what I use to pay the deposit at the Settlement. I can't fund the entire deposit out of my pocket- my wallet is no bigger than Patrick’s was. Your deposit is your reservation.

TO AVOID MISUNDERSTANDING PLEASE PAY ATTENTION HERE:

Refunds only given if I can resell your space or the trip is canceled. I say again, refunds only given if I can resell your space or the trip is cancelled regardless of the amount of advance notice. Patrick has had problems in the years past with folks understanding this and I do not wish to have the same experience.

That’s enough Fine Print.

How much you ask?

Shared Housekeeping Cabin Rates: $135 Per Head including 2 meals. Limited Availability, if you are interested in this option please email me first before making a deposit.

Shared Hotel Room Rates: $115 Per Head including 2 meals. Limited Availability, if you are interested in this option please email me first before making a deposit.

Two Room Suite With Common Bath: $125 Per Head including 2 meals.

Solo Covered Wagon Rate (up front exception to the fine print for rugged individualists) (full bedding provided - but you still might want to bring your own sleeping bag at this time of the year)

$100 including two meals.

Shared Covered Wagon Rate (full bedding provided - but you still might want to bring your own sleeping bag at this time of the year)

$80 Per Head including two meals

Shared Hardwall Tent Cabin Rate (full bedding provided - but you still might want to bring your own sleeping bag at this time of the year)

$80 Per Head including two meals.

Shared Tent Sites. BYOT (Bring Your Own Tent) and your own sleeping bag as bedding is NOT provided.

$70 Per Head including two meals.

How Do You Pay?

PayPal is the only accepted method of payment as it helps with my record keeping. You really do want me to remember you paid - don't you? You don' need a PayPal account to send money.

Send your PayPal payment to me at PayPal using the email address below:

[email protected]

If anyone has any questions, on anything, then PLEASE feel free to email me anytime at [email protected] and I’ll answer any questions. Anyone making a deposit please email me with your name and a good email contact so I know who you are and can keep you on the communication list as I finalize the details of the ride later on.

Thanks to each of you in advance for keeping the ride alive, we’ll have a great time again in 2011,

Tom “The Gemini” Kearney

Last edited by a moderator:
We have until June 23rd to try and book the entire place until the Settlement starts to rent out to others... so if you're on the fence, get off of it and make plans to be there! :)