Bridgeport, CA - Sept. 8-10, 2018

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="festar" data-cid="1400966" data-time="1531631488"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="JREW" data-cid="1400949" data-time="1531611706"><p><br />

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="bigjohnsd" data-cid="1400904" data-time="1531540741"><p><br />

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="JREW" data-cid="1387587" data-time="1515722282"><p><br />

I'm in!!</p></blockquote>You got an extra bed in your room John?</p></blockquote>I do, but I can see from another post you won't be needing it. Enjoy your family!!</p></blockquote>

John,<br />

Is that spare bed still available?<br />

Just keep in mind that I snore a little.<br />

Brian</p></blockquote>

A little? JSNS

Things changed with my kids visit. I am booked into the covered Wagon! 8-10 Sep. See you all there. Tyler, count me in for whatever meals you are planning

Things changed with my kids visit. I am booked into the covered Wagon! 8-10 Sep. See you all there. Tyler, count me in for whatever meals you are planning
Good to hear you are coming. Let me know if you need to stay in Yuba City at all.

You got an extra bed in your room John?
I do, but I can see from another post you won't be needing it. Enjoy your family!!
John,

Is that spare bed still available?

Just keep in mind that I snore a little.

Brian
Brian, I can use ear plugs. The rumor is, that I snore myself, but if that's not an issue for you, you are welcome to the second bed (cabin 3 has 2 beds, or at least it did last year).

Last edited by a moderator:
For info, if anyone is wants to tag along, I'm riding from Spearfish to Bridgeport, Bridgeport to Reuben Run, Reuben Run to EOM, EOM to Spearfish.

Shit !!! life has thrown to many obstacles in my way so I am bowing out of this one.
upset.gif
upset.gif
upset.gif
Maybe next year ???

Room is cancelled so if you're looking there is one available at the settlement.

Sorry to hear this, but we will see you at the RR. It seems like there is smoke at one or the other of these 2 rides every year. Stay healthy!!

Meal info (includes tax/gratuity) - please Paypal your $$ and note your meal choices to fancyfeettr at yahoo dot com - make sure you note that it's sending money to a friend so they don't take out any fees:

Saturday dinner - on your own - there is a restaurant onsite.

Sunday dinner @ 7pm:
Steak Dinner $35
Chicken Dinner $27
Veggie Dinner $22
BYOB

Buffet Breakfast $14/day ($28 for both Sun/Mon mornings)
Sunday/Monday breakfast @ 7am (unless folks want to get an earlier start than that... let me know and I'll ask to have it ready a bit earlier).

Meet @ 7:30am for coffee
Starbucks
101 E Vineyard Ave #135, Livermore, CA 94550

KSU: 8:30am
Route: https://goo.gl/maps/bbry4yFRTx22

Gas stop:
Shell (or Chevron just before it)
138 E CA-4, Murphys, CA 95247

Grocery store across the street for lunch if needed:
Sierra Hills Market
117 CA-4, Murphys, CA 95247

Picnic lunch at Alpine Lake @ approx 2pm
Parking lot and picnic tables on the right side of Hwy 4
Across from the Alpine Lake Lodge if you prefer eating there

Continue over Hwy 4 to 395 south into Bridgeport
Gas at Shell station as entering town
The Settlement is approximately 5 miles south of town on the right

Last edited by a moderator:
Folks, this just came to my attention today... will keep a watch on it but may have to alter our route depending on how quickly, or if, they get a handle on this fire before the weekend...

US-395 CLOSED

FROM BRIDGEPORT TO COLEVILLE

BRIDGEPORT — The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) would like to inform the traveling public that US-395 has closed from the north end of the town of Bridgeport, to the south end of Coleville, and at the junction of US-395 and State Route 108 due to a wildfire near Chris Flat Campground. There is no estimated time of reopening.

The traveling public is advised to avoid the area and use alternate routes.

#

For the latest highway information please visit the Caltrans QuickMap site at quickmap.dot.ca.gov or call the Road Condition Hotline at 1-800-427-ROAD (7623).

##

www.dot.ca.gov

###

The fire is 0% contained from what I am hearing. The close proximity of this fire to Bridgeport, might derail my plans to attend this event due to allergies etc...

Bummer!

We have pretty much spent this summer cowering in the AC with 2 air purifiers running non-stop trying to keep Michelle breathing.

Fingers crossed this happens for those attending.

Hell, fingers crossed we can make La Pine.