• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Bridgestone Battlax BT023 Tires w/only 680mi! - $80/both

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sno Cat

Reaction score
These were std equipment on my FJR1300, new condition, very good traction, very good tread pattern that does not produce handlebar wobble or vibrations, these are designed for sport touring bikes but are also well suited for standard bikes, Revzilla puts these @ >$100ea., sizes are as follows:

F 120/70ZR17
R 180/55ZR17
$80 for the pair.

CL listing & pix are here: https://nh.craigslist.org/mpo/4553596854.html

Why did you change them out and what did you install? From what I have read, the BT023 as OEM tires are not identical to the BT023GT but for $80 its a great deal for anyone local who could pick them up.

Put me down for second dibs..

Doing a cross country , Bozeman to NYC later this month, I have GT's now. Could use some cheap standby's.

I have no negative experiences w/the 'Stones, I was pleasantly surprised how good they were / are. I've had great luck w/Michelin PR3's & since the season's short, & the miles are precious, & I'm retentive & like the bike 'just so', I put PR4's on @ the break-in check-up. As an aside, I haven't yet found the PR4's to handle differently than PR3's. We'll see if the claimed 20% longer tread life is true or is marketing hype.

I owe Allen a PM tomorrow night after I've figured out how to pack these (strap to skid???) & the shipping cost. I'll post an update tomorrow night.

Thanks for the interest gents.

Ed

Most places zip tie them together and stick a shipping label on 'em & out the door they go

Yeah, don't over think the shipping. They usually arrive at my house with an airbill/label wrapped around them by a couple of rolls of tape or with cardboard circles zip tied over either side to make them a solid circle.

Tires ship via UPS or FedEx as is. Just tape a label around both tires and tape the other end of the tires and you are good to go, no other packaging needed!

USPS is usually cheapest. I used to sell my race takeoffs on ebay and just handed the bare tires to the PO clerk.