British Motorcycle Gear

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atxrider

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I sent an inquiry to British Motorcycle Gear about my challenger jacket and found out about a really cool trade in program. I was sending a small complaint about the liner of the challenger (after 4 years of abuse) and this is what was sent back:

Hi Davy,

When we took over the manufacturing end from Belstaff about 2 years ago that is one of the things we changed. The Challenger jacket now has a more heavy duty liner. Snaps have always been a problem with sports gear that is why most companies give you extra snap in the pocket. In the Challenger Jacket there were spare snaps in the left hand pocket when it was new. If you need more I can send them to you.

We have started doing a company trade in program that you may be interested in. If you send in your old jacket we will give you a 50% credit on its current price towards a new jacket of the same or greater value. That means that you can get a $139.50 credit towards a new Discovery Jacket by sending in your old Challenger. We then donate these jackets to Homeless shelters at Christmas time.

Mark

I can attest to the quality of the jackets...and thought this was a pretty nice deal for anyone who already has one.

BMG

No affiliation with the site.

Regards,

Davy

Wow, that is good to know. I have used a Belstaff (BMG now) Jacket for several years now and I love it. I have a Discovery and it is sweet. I've never got wet when wearing it and I've road through some nasty weather, Even when I was using it on my R1. I bought a Mercury this spring at the motorcycle show in Minneapolis as I found the Discovery was getting too hot when it got over 80. I've road in the Mercury in temps over 90 and have been fine.

Last time I talked to Mark the only way to get them in the US was at the motorcycle shows or their website. He had a valid reason for not using distributors in the US which I can't recall now. I think it had something to do with the Belstaff leagal aspect of the belstaff name brand.