• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Brodie Spider harness needed

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tim I had all mine done under a recall by a Yamaha Gold Certified Mechanic. If you haven't run the vin in a while it may save you some time and hassle.

It is quite easy to install a wiring loom if you're handy with a soldering iron.

Made and fixed my mates bike up one afternoon.

Pop off the 6 12 volt bridging pieces and solder some 1.5 mm wire onto each. ( the S1,3,4,6,7 & S8)

There are 2 5 volt transducer neutrals that should not be connected to the bike's 12 volt neutral. (S2 and the S5)

Just use conductive grease on them.

Power is supplied via the ECU.

Pierce the black plastic cap and thread the soldered wire through it.

When they are all in place, run and T solder a 4mm loom wire to each then back to the battery negative terminal.

A bit of conductive grease on the spider legs.

Thanks stose85 but my bike just left the dealer 2 days ago. They did the recall.
Really?

I was just at my dealer last week and ran the VIN# on my '08 and all recalls had been done, but not my ground spider recall.

I was told that the recall had expired… (?)
You should take that up with Yamaha Corporate, I don't see how a safety recall can expire. Sounds like you have a reluctant dealer who doesn't want your business.

Brodie

no.gif