Building saddlebags?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EDIT: Did a quick little Google and found that Givi doesn't have anything to adapt their cases to the FJR as side cases, but Shad does. both make cases specifically as side cases (including a Givi top-load,) in significanty larger capacities than the factory cases.
Try here:

Link

They can be found cheaper, but this site has a picture.

EDIT: Did a quick little Google and found that Givi doesn't have anything to adapt their cases to the FJR as side cases, but Shad does. both make cases specifically as side cases (including a Givi top-load,) in significanty larger capacities than the factory cases.
Try here:

Link

They can be found cheaper, but this site has a picture.
All I see there is the regular rack for the top case. What I was looking for was kits to mount some of their cases as side cases. Givi makes cases for that use, but they don't have a mount kit for the FJR for the sides, just the top case. Shad has both.

All I see there is the regular rack for the top case. What I was looking for was kits to mount some of their cases as side cases. Givi makes cases for that use, but they don't have a mount kit for the FJR for the sides, just the top case. Shad has both.
Try this view; Link. Finding a image of the rack only is difficult, but here is a generic image; link.

The Givi model is PL357, I think. I am pretty sure it requires the rear Givi mount to install correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've built some fiberglass speaker boxes in years past, I can't imagine it's any different than most other composites work.

What do you need to know? Google some of the articles the kids write about building fiberglass speaker enclosures, or boat repair.