ca motorcycle smog FYI

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feejer/Weejer man

Reaction score
Senate Bill 435, requiring smog inspections for motorcycles in California was introduced February 26, 2009 by California State Senator Fran Pavley. Fran lives in Agoura Hills California. She pans herself as an "Environmental Crusader" representing Ventura and part of Los Angeles Counties.

Bill 435 is being introduced as an act to amend Section 44011 of, and to add Section 44012.5 to the Health and Safety Code, relating to air pollution, and will be voted on sometime after March 28th, 2009.

Here's an entire copy of California Senate Bill 435 in a PDF format: https://tinyurl.com/btaoz6

Here's where you can locate your legislators and their Email addresses: https://www.leginfo.ca.gov/yourleg.html

I ask you to locate your representative's name and send an email requesting they vote against this Bill due the unnecessarily high costs that would be undertaken by the State for what would certainly result in minimal effective results toward environmental benefit. While this initial Bill won't affect every motorcycle today, know this is a beginning and if this Bill passes, your motorcycle could be the next one added by way of amendment. Write your representative today asking them to vote NO on Senate Bill 435.....

I knew keeping my bike's exhaust stock in this state might come in handy sometime.

I welcome this legislation, but only to the extent of all the noise polluters it might deter. However, I won't be calling to support the bill.

Believe it or not, the air in this state is actually much cleaner than it used to be....

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew keeping my bike's exhaust stock in this state might come in handy sometime.
I welcome this legislation, but only to the extent of all the noise polluters it might deter. However, I won't be calling to support the bill.

Believe it or not, the air in this state is actually much cleaner than it used to be....

Just one more reason to never visit CA. Have you thought how much more this will add to the cost of having a motorcycle. Yall are sure into self abuse out there.