CalSi Windshields calsci.com

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJR1300Mark

Reaction score
I bought a tall CalSi windshield for my 07 last month. I followed the directions on the site to determine the size I should purchase. The goal was to get a quiet ride. I had an 05 with the tall Yamaha shield but it did not produce a totally quiet ride. I could lean foward and get behind the shield and the ride was quiet. So I didn't want to buy one and not have the right hieght. After doing the math I still called CalSi and Mark walked me through the math again and we decided the tall shield was best fit.

I got the shield and took it for a test ride and it was great. Actually just before the full up position the ride got nicely quiet, not buffetting or wind noise.

Then I noticed a small imperfection in the screen just at my left eye level when full up.

Called and they replaced the shield.

I was very happy with their product and their customer service. I'd buy from them again.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.calsci.com/

Ordered a CalSci Large windscreen last week after calling and talking to Mark for some time.

We discussed my height, my riding conditions, my expectations and he recommended a Medium or Large.

The screen arrived today as stated and installed with no issues.

There were a few extras included: windscreen cleaner, microfiber cloth and a "tire pressure gauge"...wow wasn't expecting that!!

Took the screen out for a test ride: All the way down there was plenty air flow; All the way up was a bit too much as I could just see over in my MYRP; 3/4 up was a great mix of quiet and air flow.

Called Mark to express my appreciation for the GREAT customer service, FAST shipment and EXCELLENT product!!!

https://www.calsci.com/

Another satisfied Calsci customer. I bought a Large about 2 years ago and just got around to doing a ride-in adjustment as I needed a little more air flow in the down position. Mark and Richard are top notch! They made the adjustment (cut off 2") and it works great! More air flow in the down positon, but it still retains the quiet in the up position that I had before, just not so much above my sight line. BTW, the "adjustment" was gratis, they said they just wanted me to be happy with my windscreen which I certainly am.

I purchased a XL a couple of years ago and have no complaints except when my buddy wanted to do me a favor and clean the bugs off my new shield with a dirty terry cloth, he scratched the crap out of it! With the CalSi I no longer need to use ear plugs which is great!

I also bought the cal sci large and found it to be perfect for my height, I am 6' 2". Then I had my seat done by rich's in kingston washington and now its just a tad short. I would get the XL if I could. Very good product. Well made. I have got up to 150mph on the speedo with no undo vibrations.

I am also a satisfied customer :rolleyes:

I am Brazilian and I live in Brazil :clapping:

I bought a CalSci windshield size Large... and it works very well (fine) :yahoo:

I too have got up to 150mph on the speedo with no undo vibrations :unsure:

Thansk to Mark... excellent service, very kind and helpful :clapping:

The Calsci large I had didn't stop the buffeting around the shoulders, because it is a bit too narrow at the top. It also arrived with unfinished edges which were very sharp. I spent quite a bit of time sanding and cleaning it up. A few months later it started cracking at the middle mounting screws. I now have a Rifle, and couldn't be happier.

Spoke to Mark to determine the perfect fit for a shield in Hawaii and we decided the tinted shorty would be best for my needs. This was last Tuesday. I also mentioned the shipping was way to high to ship to Hawaii and he kindly said he would make the adjustment after I made the order and sure enough he did. Very fair man. I placed my order and it arrived by Friday. Shield was installed on Sunday and I've been happy ever since. Highly recommended!

https://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/FJR1300prod.html

Buyer beware - CAL SCI advertises the FJR tall shield with the vent to eliminate back pressure and turbulence behind the shield for $185 and I purchase the shield because I believed what they said on their web site and the good feedback on the forum. I ordered the tall shield for my '13 FJR because I wanted the vent but that's not what I got. They have changed the design and eliminated the vent opening but their web site still shows the shield with the vent for the '13. I told them I didn't want the shield and returned it. They returned the $185 and said their policy is not to refund shipping. I argued that they should have notified me BEFORE they shipped it and should have updated their web site when they change the design to no avail, I'm out $60 for the shipping cost.
sad.png

Pretty happy with my CalSci as well.

As noted, it's not manufactured to the same quality as other brands but did the job .

After adding a spacer mod to rake it back a few degrees and open up a tad more airflow at the bottom, it provided the quietest windscreen I have ever owned.

I must admit the BMW 1200LT had a fantastic screen but I didn't own that one :)

I covered up my vent because it "howled" and really wasn't

necessary.

Pretty good shield otherwise, perfectly clear with no

distortion. I own two of them.

That's interesting SLK50. I have an 06 as well and didn't hear any noises. Might be the different angle I have.