Canada, here I come!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

its just rain

Reaction score
I plan on heading North into Canada several times this Spring and Summer so I went to the bank today to get supplied. The exchange rate for Canadian dollars has improved again! For $157 US they gave me back $200 in funny, colorful plastic bills. Can't get much better than that. Now all we have to do is figure out if Spring is going to arrive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually it can get better than that....if you wait to exchange your US dollars to Canada dollars after you cross the border into Canada...at least that has been my experience. US banks routinely charge a 4-7 percent fee to convert funds, the Canada banks seem to be in the 2-3 percent range. Better yet, use a credit card for as many purchases as possible, the conversion "fee" is often only 1 percent.

Hi Steve,

I always like to have some cash in hand for the essentials before I cross the border. Think my bank charged me 3% for the purchase so not too bad. Keep wishing for some better weather so I can come over your way!

Garry

I'll be doing the same thing this year Garry. Have two, week long adventures planned so far. After that, I'm thinking a few 3 - 4 day trips north of the border might be just the ticket this year!

--G

Might take a couple of day rides for starters up that way this spring to visit a bank or two for some $$ exchange. Probably Abbotsford.