Canada to Mexico time lapse.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caladin

Reaction score
I recently did a ride from my home in Chilliwack BC Canada to Tijuana Mexico. I crossed into the US at 5:30am and crossed into Mexico 22 hours later at 3:30am (2324km 1444mi). During the ride I kept my Garmin Virb Elite camera recording in time lapse mode on my left handle bar.

It's a little long to watch, but I think its somewhat unique to record a long ride like this.

I would appreciate if a mod could let me know why my thread has been moved to Misc Images/Video? I would have thought it fit in the FJR Specific Discussion that I posted it in. Other rides, and videos, are posted there as well. Just curious.

Very cool. I'm not big into the endurance rides but that's one I really think I might try, after doing Idaho Falls to the border at Jaurez MX in a day (1100 miles, 4:00am to 9:00pm). Congrats on a very cool ride!

I would appreciate if a mod could let me know why my thread has been moved to Misc Images/Video? I would have thought it fit in the FJR Specific Discussion that I posted it in. Other rides, and videos, are posted there as well. Just curious.
Just a guess here, but because it's a video? If there was more text, maybe it could have fit in "Ride Reports." It is FJR specific, but I don't recall any FJR related rides in "FJR Specific Discussion."

Does it matter? Anyone who was going to see it will see it here anyway. Not bad, BTW.

Very cool video, especially the quickie trip through the Mexico/US border crossing. (Didn't notice the US/Canada crossing.)

Most of us regulars find stuff via the "View New Content" button at the upper right. Wherever it's posted, If I haven't seen it, it shows up as new content.

Gotta say, I'm with HotRodZilla: does it matter where this is posted? I'd have moved it to ride reports, but "Images and Videos" seems rather fitting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice ride, congrats!

I completed the same ride last summer.
punk.gif

--G

Thanks for the nice comments.

Just a guess here, but because it's a video? If there was more text, maybe it could have fit in "Ride Reports." It is FJR specific, but I don't recall any FJR related rides in "FJR Specific Discussion."
Does it matter? Anyone who was going to see it will see it here anyway. Not bad, BTW.
and

Gotta say, I'm with HotRodZilla: does it matter where this is posted? I'd have moved it to ride reports, but "Images and Videos" seems rather fitting.
No, youre right, it doesn't matter. I supose my question sounded more whiny then necessary. I debated on if it should be posted in ride reports or the general section, but I didnt think I had enough written for ride reports. I was just suprised while reading other threads that suddenly mine seemed to be gone. But here is just fine.