Canadian FJR's

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just doing my first valve check. Last year was the first year of my full retirement and put any serious mileage on my FJR.

I ended the season at... 108Km (if I recall). Rolled over 100Km on that stretch of desert between the North Rim of the Grand Canyon and Kanab at 90mph following a Chev pickup towing a trailer. 2 minutes later, said pickup got pulled over by a statie and I got pointed at as a warning... sorry, I digress, some things get etched in your mind.

I just bought my 2007 last year, slightly used with 12,000 miles (19,200 km) on it. I put 35,000 km on it last year so at that rate it will be another 4 years before I hit 200,000 km. I would do better if work didn't get in the way!

Ross

I just bought my 2007 last year, slightly used with 12,000 miles (19,200 km) on it. I put 35,000 km on it last year so at that rate it will be another 4 years before I hit 200,000 km. I would do better if work didn't get in the way!

Ross
I here ya! Mine 40 hour a week job keeps me pretty tied down.

I'm just doing my first valve check. Last year was the first year of my full retirement and put any serious mileage on my FJR.
Serious.... What do you call serious?
Did CFR and actually rode on both days unlike one individual that will go nameless due to "Altitude Sickness". Then rode out to WCR last year via Sturgis, Mt. St Helens & GP Suspensions. I then showed up at Bust's Tech Day 1 on the way back home then turned around and headed out for NAFO. I didn't keep too close a track but I probably put +25000 km last year on the FJR. I also did a number of dirtbike events on the WR450 including some quality seat time travelling around Copper Canyon, Mexico.

I know that I did not match the accomplishments of the Crazy Canuck Team that hit CFR, WCR, SW-FOG & NAFO in one shot but I did give a fair accounting of myself last season.

I picked up my FJR in early April 2010 and managed to put 13K kms on before putting her away. I only went on 2 major trips, one to Nakusp for the Horizons Unlimited event there, and the other was WCR on the island. The rest of the mileage was around the city commuting.

I hope to get a lot more trips in this year, so my mileage should be much higher for 2011.

Ian

I know that I did not match the accomplishments of the Crazy Canuck Team that hit CFR, WCR, SW-FOG & NAFO in one shot but I did give a fair accounting of myself last season.
Don't mind Tom, he's just all hissy cuz he never gets to go anywhere.

The way I figure it, any Frostback that has to deal with snow for more than 3 mo of the year, and manages to put on more than 10K had a good season. Well that, and you have to factor in the quality of the rides. I figure last summer for me would be VERY hard to match. But I'm damn sure gonna try!

I had coffee about a month ago with some local pirate friends and they got talking about how far they rode last year. Some of the guys mentioned my 10K benchmark. I think 2 of them got around 15K. Most of them were around 4-5K. The other guys suggested they ride with me to get their numbers up. I almost choked on my coffee when they both said, at the same time - "FUCK THAT!"

I stayed classy and didn't mention my numbers. Those guys knew I rode the wheels off that bitch last summer!

I picked up my FJR last Labour Day,

I managed to put in 10900 km before the snow flew due to some longer trips into the USA.

At that rate it might not take too long to get high mileage on it.

The way I figure it, any Frostback that has to deal with snow for more than 3 mo of the year, and manages to put on more than 10K had a good season.
OK then - I'll stand to be counted.

I put on 24 000 kms in '09 and 18 000 last year.

I don't know what this year will bring but ......

I'm working on a PLAN for 2012 :rolleyes:

Serious.... What do you call serious?
Did CFR and actually rode on both days unlike one individual that will go nameless due to "Altitude Sickness". Then rode out to WCR last year via Sturgis, Mt. St Helens & GP Suspensions. I then showed up at Bust's Tech Day 1 on the way back home then turned around and headed out for NAFO. I didn't keep too close a track but I probably put +25000 km last year on the FJR. I also did a number of dirtbike events on the WR450 including some quality seat time travelling around Copper Canyon, Mexico.

Awww.. Now why ya wanna go an drag me into this fiasco? :( The Altitude was hard to adjust to, remember I'm a "flat lander" :lol:

...The way I figure it, any Frostback that has to deal with snow for more than 3 mo of the year, and manages to put on more than 10K had a good season....
Well, I suppose that's ONE way to rationalize justify lower the bar judge it fairly.

biggrin.gif

I'm kiddin'. Y'all are a hardy bunch.

My Frostback '03 just hit 136K. I coulda shoulda had more ..but this unit has had a few lengthy downtimes for "unexpected mechanical failures". :)

Kasey

You know Scott, If I was to post up somebody would want to post in SkooterG's mileage thread and then everybody would know.

And you know what a quiet shy guy I am..... never do anything wild to draw attention to myself. Never get to go anywhere.