Can't even get a bid...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PapaUtah

Reaction score
Trailer Not Included

$40K invested and can't even get a single bid. Guess the party must be over. Great description though...

Show Quality, Excellent Condition, All Chrome top of the line parts used thru out. Legend Air Shocks, Dakota Digital Dash, LED Light kit, Digital Gas Gauge, Carlini Bars, Rinehart Pipes, Custom HD Paint job, very classy to much to list!! Great Buy!! Selling Because I do not ride it. Won 3rd place in bike show!."

3rd place....wow! :lol2: :stunned: :tease:

I just don't understand the attraction of those style of headlights... Reminds me of one I had on a Schwinn when I was 12. HEY, maybe that's the connection !

Love that 300 miles a year !

Last edited by a moderator:
Trailer Not Included
$40K invested and can't even get a single bid. Guess the party must be over. Great description though...

Show Quality, Excellent Condition, All Chrome top of the line parts used thru out. Legend Air Shocks, Dakota Digital Dash, LED Light kit, Digital Gas Gauge, Carlini Bars, Rinehart Pipes, Custom HD Paint job, very classy to much to list!! Great Buy!! Selling Because I do not ride it. Won 3rd place in bike show!."

It looks like a 3rd place winner with three bikes entered.... nothing special.... just a bunch og $$$ thrown at it...

although I should talk I even have one piece of billet on my bike that does nothing usefull. a shift linkage rod....

Oh, and when I pull off the saddlebags, luggage rack and sissy bar, I put chrome spikes on the rear fender to cover the bolts!! <G>

mary

Trailer Not Included$40K invested and can't even get a single bid. Guess the party must be over. Great description though...

Ok I'll help him

Oh wait a minute... thats a Harley. :dribble:

A brand-spankin' new seller (20 aug) with zero feedback selling anything that expensive is already swimming upstream with one hand tied behind their backs. On top of that, it's a frickin' hog, and not even one of the nice ones. No sympathy here. You overpay for a name plate, then toss more $$$ on farkles, don't cry when you can't get your $$$ back out of it later when the cool yuppie factor has worn off.

Don't get me wrong, I'd never turn one down if given one, but I don't see the value that people assign those things, I really truly never have.

Why is it when Harley guys throw a bunch of chrome on a bike, they say "invested", it's more like money thrown out the window. He'd be better off putting 20K in mutual find!

I don't know why everyone gives the hogs and their riders such a hard time. They are some of the friendliest people I've ever met. (Oh wait ...most of 'em are assholes). And besides that if you were ever in trouble or needed a hand they'd be the first to stop and help out!..(Oh.... no that's not quite right either.) You gotta be envious of the snappy costumes they all change into before they go out for a ride though, (Leather fringe and tassels, and a pair of assless chaps on a fat man have always made me a little moist :p ) Well anyway You have to be impressed with the engineering aspect of it at least.

Why, I remember reading somewhere that over 97% of ALL Harley's ever built are still on the road. I know it's hard to believe but it's true.

.....And what's even harder to believe than that is the fact that the other 3% of 'em actually made it home!!!!.

Sorry I couldn't help myself... :rolleyes:

I wonder if he'd be pissed if I emailed the seller aquestion and asked him if he would take a bid on the trailer instead. :D Ha cha cha cha cha!. I got a million of 'em

Is it just me or is his paint job is like so many others on the showroom floor? Guess I can say my bike has a custom Yammie paint job.

"I'm selling because I dont ride" Would anyone here buy a bike built and customized by someone who doesn't ride??. for 40 grand no less. I'dlike to meet the jerk appraiser at the show who told him he could 40 grand for it. I have a bridge I want him to value for me...

[SIZE=24pt]UH-OH[/SIZE]....

Did anyone else notice something on the ebay post.

Look at the seller's name.

seller must have had a hell of a divorce lawyer. Poor bastard, she must have found out what he spent on it and threw his ass out, and kept the bike.

I wonder if I'll here back or not... :yahoo: :lol: :p

eBay home | Pay | Site Map | Community | Help

Search eBay Motors Advanced Search

Hello, ditchwitchguy! (Sign out.)

My Messages: Ask a Question

Ask a question

Note: The user you are contacting is registered on another eBay site and may speak a different language. Your message will be sent exactly as typed below.

To: 707debbie56

Item: Harley-Davidson : Softail (200144125425)

Subject: Select a question about this item Question about how to pay for this item Question about combined shipping for multiple items Question about shipping for this item General question about this item

Dear 707debbie56

Just curious, I have thousands and thousands sitting in the bank. Well anyway the bank called and said it was taking up way to much room. I wondered if you could "Invest" it for me and shrink it way down. I'm sure the bank would appreciate it. Thanks, Chris

- ditchwitchguy

744 characters left. No HTML.

Note: The seller may include your question in the item description.

eBay will send your message to 707debbie56's My Messages Inbox and email address.

Send a copy to my email address.

Cancel

Marketplace Safety Tip

Purchase on eBay to qualify for eBay Motors Vehicle Purchase Protection

Consider purchasing your vehicle in person and inspect before you buy

To qualify for feedback and Vehicle Purchase Protection you must make an on-line Best Offer that is accepted by the seller

Buyers can verify a seller's Best Offer in My Messages

Trailer Not Included

Hey - he got a bid. Also, I'm curious WTF do you have againt Harleys? It seems that a good number of your posts are, if not outright anti-Harley, certainly fall into the bashing category ( I do understand this is the FJR forum, but-). After all, I believe they are the most popular motorcycles in the world. Were you terrorized by 1%'ers as a young child? Did mom run away with Sonny? Were you at the Stones '69 Altamont concert? Get over it bro, the whole worlds not out of step. Come on, inquiring minds want to know -

Just so ya know, york......81 runs minnesota so there probably is some connection.

After all, I believe they [HD] are the most popular motorcycles in the world.
Remember that "popularity" based on sales means it's at the apex of the bell curve. That kind of popularity contest breeds middle-of-the-road products that are the least offensive to the most people; neither excellent nor poor. Popularity of that sort breeds mediocrity and brought us "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle" instead of "Citizen Kane".

Trailer Not Included

Hey - he got a bid. Also, I'm curious WTF do you have againt Harleys? It seems that a good number of your posts are, if not outright anti-Harley, certainly fall into the bashing category ( I do understand this is the FJR forum, but-). After all, I believe they are the most popular motorcycles in the world. Were you terrorized by 1%'ers as a young child? Did mon rum away with Sonny? Were you at the Stones '69 Altamont concert? Get over it bro, the whole worlds not out of step. Come on, inquiring minds want to know -
Mike, you are correct. That post is all about HD bashing and it sounds very immature on this forum. I do not understand why someone would want to piss on another persons parade just because they don't throw money at the same brand of motorcycle that they ride.