Canyon cage install

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mogambo

Reaction score
A few weeks ago took the plunge and traded my 06 in on a new 2014 FJR1300A. I had actually ordered the Canyon Cages before I got the bike. Unfortunately they were on back order for quite some time. Today, they finally arrived. Although I think a few pictures would have been helpful in the instructions (there are no pictures) I found the instructions to be fairly straight forward after staring at them for awhile. The question I have is in regard to the bold print stating that this is a two man operation. I may be naïve, but it would appear that one person can do the job just fine. Yet, why do they suggest it? Is there something I should know here? Did anyone have a problem doing the install by themselves? Anything else I should be careful of in putting these babies on the bike?

Thanks,

-M

Is there a thread to help avoid replying with duplicate posts to doubletriple postings?
Nope
no.gif
. Gotta post in all of the doubletriple postings in the hopes the newbie will actually open and read one of them
uhoh.gif

The question I have is in regard to the bold print stating that this is a two man operation. I may be naïve, but it would appear that one person can do the job just fine. Yet, why do they suggest it? Is there something I should know here? Did anyone have a problem doing the install by themselves? Anything else I should be careful of in putting these babies on the bike?
You will need an assistant to hold your beer and possible to hand you a wrench.

I had no trouble installing them on my 08 solo.

The question I have is in regard to the bold print stating that this is a two man operation. I may be naïve, but it would appear that one person can do the job just fine. Yet, why do they suggest it? Is there something I should know here? Did anyone have a problem doing the install by themselves? Anything else I should be careful of in putting these babies on the bike?
You will need an assistant to hold your beer and possible to hand you a wrench.

I had no trouble installing them on my 08 solo.
Point well taken, Chuck. :))

Latest posts