CBR xx

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NovaFlyer

Reaction score
Hi Guys.

Having a moment of weakness here. There's a used CBR xx just traded in at my dealer today. Not even 6K miles on 'er. :dribble: The missus fell in love and is thinking about trading in her FZ-6. My lovely bride can ride well and has been on the track.

Is there anything quirky about these beast's that I should know? Warchild??

I'm hoping this 'feelin' will pass, but Damn!!! The thing looks awesome.

Pickie of the bikie

Last edited by a moderator:
Grab this Blackbird. Move fast before someone else does.

More and more folks are realizing Honda has abandoned the hyper-bike class, and Blackbirds are beginning to to become harder to find.

The bikes never break, have a tendency to last forever, and owners will be keeping them longer and longer.

Grab that red beauty before it's gone! That year is perfect.... any XX from '99 onward is a golden find. The '97-'98 XX's were carbed (vice fuel-injected), slightly smaller alternator and gas tank, but are otherwise also good bikes.

Score it, NovaFlyer... trust me. B)

Grab this Blackbird. Move fast before someone else does.
More and more folks are realizing Honda has abandoned the hyper-bike class, and Blackbirds are beginning to to become harder to find.

The bikes never break, have a tendency to last forever, and owners will be keeping them longer and longer.

Grab that red beauty before it's gone! That year is perfect.... any XX from '99 onward is a golden find. The '97-'98 XX's were carbed (vice EFI),, slightly smaller alternator and gas tank, but are otherwise also good bikes.

Score it, NovaFlyer... trust me.
DAMMIT WC.. you are going to cost me money.. Different thread started now so as to not hijack this one..

Thanx guys for the quick replies ....

Now it's time to right off a nights sleep <lol>

All seriousness though ... It was Mrs Flyer that noticed it and fell in love. It would be 'her' bike and I have to admit that I'm a bit leery of getting her the granddad of the busa. Lot's of things to think about for sure. Hopefully the weather will co-operate to allow a test ride in the next while.

Can I ask favor Warchild?. Can you send /post some links to blackbird info sites that I can check out? Did a quick google and got a bunch of pics and stuff, but I'm short on time to browse through all the fluff to find the straight info.

Thanx again guys for the help.

NFlyer

Shit, that Bird isn't even broken in at 6000 miles! If she's a really experienced rider, she'll love it. Of those imported to the US, only 2001s were red. Titanium in 2000, silver in 2002, black in 1997, 1998 and 1999, and metallic black in 2003; in Canada, you got some blue ones we never got. Trust me, a woman riding an XX will turn heads.

I posted more about its attributes here:

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...c=14061&hl=

Per your request, check these fora:

https://www.cbrxx.com/

and

https://www.cbr1100xx.org/forums/

and

https://www.superblackbird.com/default.cfm

I'm sure he'll have other sites to suggest, but I'll second Dale's suggeston: buy it before it's gone.

I had a nice candy red 2001 with a full Micron system and a PcII. Before the FJR. It was a flawless machine! Engine,tranny, brakes, some fools complained because of it's perfection. GRAB IT!

Thanx Exskibum and others.

This is an interesting time in the Flyer house, that's for sure. The day I thought Mrs Flyer would be horned up to ride something like the XX ... :blink: Anyways ... the weather is supposed to be ok tomorrow so it's time for a test ride I think ;)

Truly appreciate the feedback guys as I'm not overly familiar with the Blackbird.

Pics to be posted if the deal happens...... with Mrs Flyer on board :D

Well bugger !! :angry2:

Snooze I loose I guess. Bike sold this morning before I could get there. Apparently bought sight unseen over the phone.

One of you I suppose :p .

Snooze I loose I guess. Bike sold this morning before I could get there. Apparently bought sight unseen over the phone.

Wasn't me, but whoever got it probably knew what they'd found and will treat it with the TLC and respect it deserves. IOW, it probably went to a good home.

With that few miles and red, I'm not surprised. With what they go for, you get an awful lot of well built and grin producing motorcycle for your buck.