Ceebailey

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimLor

Reaction score
I know the sizes sold by CB are different according to year and reference that years original size(pre and post '04). Does anyone know if the screw patterns are the same on all years? In other words, can I buy the pre-'04 +7" to give me a +5 on my '05?

There hasn't been any mention of different patterns between the three years. I'm sure they are the same. If you talk to CB, they can give you the size of the shield you're looking at and then compare to the original. I have a +4, +2 on the 04, and if I get the tape out, it is just as advertised. :D

Good Luck !

--G

(800) 788-0618 CEE Baileys Ext. 304 Ask for Steve

UnCaged

arg! I did it. I was really torn. I knew I wanted something better than stock, but I am also afraid of giving up ventilation. dang...they really need some kind of air vent that can be opened and closed...oh well...anyway I just ordered the cee bailey +4+1 Flip.

I suppose if there is just too little ventilation I can just switch for local riding in the summer. However my trip to the rockies really requires better cover than the stock screen offers.

....This was the hardest farkle for me to decide on. The Starcom1 was pretty easy based on FJR rider reviews and cost comparison. The Vista Cruise was pretty simple too. The Topcase was next hardest with a decision between factory, Givi and the corbin with backrest. However, ordering this screen was tough.

Crossing my fingers...

I wish you'd have said something (or I'd have read something). We're close enough you could come over and try the 2 different CeeBailey 'shields I have.

+4+3 flip (that I cut 2" off, and it still buffets my head)

+4+3 std. that is working really well.

I have 2 stock windshields and I'm considering cutting one to use as an extension (a la Laminar Lip) and attaching it with the 3M devices. But I have to tell you that the +4+3 Bailesy is working really well for me.

Home made tuning block, heli risers, Russell seat, 6'2", 32" inseam

I wish you'd have said something (or I'd have read something). We're close enough you could come over and try the 2 different CeeBailey 'shields I have.
+4+3 flip (that I cut 2" off, and it still buffets my head)

+4+3 std. that is working really well.

I have 2 stock windshields and I'm considering cutting one to use as an extension (a la Laminar Lip) and attaching it with the 3M devices. But I have to tell you that the +4+3 Bailesy is working really well for me.

Home made tuning block, heli risers, Russell seat, 6'2", 32" inseam
Bummer...that would have been good. I decided not to ask as this discussion seems to come up a lot so I just added to an old thread.

I have altered my order to the standard +3+1

I am 5'11" so I think this should be enough if the +4 does well for you at 6'2"

I want some flow on the sides so my hands can get in the wind if I want them to.

At least this way, the experiment is cheaper! If I find I am shopping again I'll certainly come by!

Thanks,

Andrew

I screwed up and posted the same thing twice, so I edited this one. Does Wal-Mart have a book called "Posting on the FJR Forum for Dummies?"

But hey, I did finally earn my "Solo Pilot" license.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am very happy with my +4+2 CB. I am 6'1". I might be happier with another inch or 2 in width.
the width...what does it buy? Hand protection, or reduce buffeting by getting the air around your head better?

EDIT: I just got off the phone with Cee Bailey and they told me the width has little to do with buffeting and it is the height that takes care of that. Therefore via the phone I switched my order one last time to a +4+1 standard.

Last edited by a moderator:
I screwed up and posted the same thing twice, so I edited this one. Does Wal-Mart have a book called "Posting on the FJR Forum for Dummies?"
But hey, I did finally earn my "Solo Pilot" license.
Yes Wal-Mart does have the book but only in their southern stores. ;)

I am very happy with my +4+2 CB. I am 6'1". I might be happier with another inch or 2 in width.
the width...what does it buy? Hand protection, or reduce buffeting by getting the air around your head better?

EDIT: I just got off the phone with Cee Bailey and they told me the width has little to do with buffeting and it is the height that takes care of that. Therefore via the phone I switched my order one last time to a +4+1 standard.
I don't have any buffeting problem, but if I wear a loose shirt w/o my jacket (I normally wear a Tex mesh II jacket) it raises up enough to expose my boobs and I don't want to turn anyone on. :haha: :rolf: :rolf: I thought maybe a little more width might knock off the wind that exposes me. :blushing: Many guys like to expose their "six pack." I prefer to keep my "keg" under wraps.

P.S. To jbay: I'm headed to town in a few minutes to find the book. Thanks for the info.