CEL, TCS, Err, Hi... all with no key in the ignition?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brazos609

Reaction score
My 2015 threw this weird one at me the other day at about 575 miles. It was about 85 deg outside and we had ridden about 5 miles from the house when I needed stop and get something out f the saddle bag. I stopped got off, opened the saddle bag and when I got back on I noticed the display was lit up showing the fuel level, 0 MPH, Err, Hi temp, and the engine light and TCS lights were on. This was all with no key in the ignition at all. It was cool outside and we had only ridden 5 miles, I think the coolant temp had only gotten up to about 165 when we stopped. It started up fine and the displays all went back to normal as soon as I started the engine. The coolant stayed at normal temperatures but the next time we stopped the same thing happened, all the same things displayed. I went by the dealership and showed them and they said they had never seen this before and couldn't find any reference to it in their technical guides. Has anyone ever seen a display like this before?

20160921_122118_zpsiqtud5aw.jpg

Or a bus communication error between the Instrument Cluster Unit and the ECU. That's a serial bus communication link. Loose connector???

"Errr, Hi!", FJR.

You know, it does say, "See you next time!", when you turn it off.