Centerstand Broken

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clocklaw

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone else has had this same issue. I went to centerstand the bike this evening and the darn stand broke. I have some personal reasons why I cannot crawl up under it right now but as you can see, the better part of it is laying on the concrete floor and is pretty easy to see without crawling under.

Any thoughts? I wonder what Yamaha would have to say about this?

IMG_0007.jpg

Gotcha, I guess I need to hone my searching skills. Anyway, I didn't drop the bike so that is a good thing, now I just need to figure out what years will work....there is an 06 and 07 on EBAY now.

Hey, something like that happens to you - you get to post. If everyone waited for something that has never come up before, it would be an awful slow forum. Hope you didn't drop it.

I just need to figure out what years will work....there is an 06 and 07 on EBAY now.
Well the 04-05 has the same part number. It appears only the 03 was subject to breaking.

I seem to remember that Yamaha stated that the 06 had an improved center stand (in the marketing hype) that allowed for easier placement on the stand.

The part # for the 06 is different but the pic looks the same. It may fit and only have a different leg design that allowed limp legged riders to get it "up".

Good luck.

I was looking at the Fiche online and I noticed that they changed the first 3 numbers on the part number. I also saw the price for a new one so I am thinking that I might try one on ebay....one of them is listed at $15 with $15 shipping.....for $30 I might have to give it a shot.

If you do and it does work, it might be something that could be added to the Gen I Bin-o-facts.

Good luck.

I got ahead of the game and had my centerstand ('03) replaced last year with a newer version. Cannot remember what year I ordered though - probably an '04 as they were strengthened.

Well thanks to a forum member, I now have an 05 center stand in the mail....hopefully have it installed in a week. I was going to try the 07 but I got LUCKY!

Somebody should snatch that 07 center stand up and see if it will work....for $30 shipped it would be hard to beat!

My 03 is still on the original center stand without a problem but since it's (eventuall) getting the rims powder coated, the headers and midpipe ceramic coated, and wave rotors put on the front, it might be time to start lining up a replacement center stand, too.

Ok....I was tinkering around with the center stand today and I am wondering what the probability is that I would be able to replace this without dropping the exhaust? I think I can do it but I over did it today and had to quit (recent surgery and tight bolts don't mix).

Ok....I was tinkering around with the center stand today and I am wondering what the probability is that I would be able to replace this without dropping the exhaust? I think I can do it but I over did it today and had to quit (recent surgery and tight bolts don't mix).
CL here's a link but it's not too descriptive. Clicky

Read somewhere that some members have cut the heads of the bolts off so that they could be removed without removing the exhaust. Then re-insert new bolts in the opposite direction for future ease of removal.

I'm assuming the nut will now be on the exhaust side.

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
I have not come to that point yet.....I have one more idea before I get the sawsall out, but that may be coming soon!

Thanks!

When I took that one out I flipped the frame over and popped it right out....I do remember thinking how much of a bitch it would be on a real bike. Good luck.