Central Coast Ride - Part II

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy Epperson

Reaction score
Ride Master - Saturday 5/8 - Khunajawdge

Ride Master - Sunday 5/9 - Roy

Instana-gator - Roy

Photographer - Rod ( rides a 'Wing, thinks its a Feejer)

Total miles - 800 from home to home

My wife was out of town for a week (boy would she'd loved this ride). So Rod and I started planning an over-nighter somewhere. "Hey KJ, I might be coming South wanta meet up for a ride". So George putting together the fantastic route into Pozo and recruiting dcaver's participation (You can tell from the bruise on Don's arms, there was a lot of arm twisting :rolleyes: )

Saturday's route

Rod and I parted company with George and Don and spend the night in San Luis Obispo. We stopped to get gas before going to the motel. As I was pulling into the motel, Rod yells to me "your rear tire is going flat!!! :angry2: :angry2: ) Checked in and back to the bike and there it was a 2" drywall screw!!! Out came the mushroom plug kit (first time in 8 years of riding). Gotta love the 'Wing, Rod had the Slime compressor out and hooked up before you could say "compressor". Patched and filled the tire and I crossed my fingers.

Rod and I head South and East into Solvang and then back roads and Hwy 1 into Avila Beach for mid afternoon lunch.

San Luis Obispo - South

After lunch we slabbed it to Santa Margarita and the side roads and highway until we got to 101 at 152.

San Luis Obispo - North

The section of this ride between San Miguel and The Pinnacles National Monument is route that George and Don took to meet up with us on Saturday.

One of the reasons :rolleyes: :yahoo: I invite Rod a long is he loves to take pictures while riding. Here's a slide show he put together for both days - from Windows Live

800 "miles of smiles" and met a couple of couple of great guys :yahoo: :yahoo:

Very cool RR. Sure enjoyed the day wid ya'll :clapping: Let's do another ride again! Oh yeah, that's right, I'm riding Friday Sat Sunday! Woot de Woot!

Roy

Great that you got to see so much Central Cal Coastal countryside! Nice to meet/ride with you guys. Thanks for the pics Rod!

On Monday, May 17th, I'm taking a Furlough day (I lose 10% of my monthly already anyhow, so why show up at work?). Me thinks I'll ride some of those roads you and Rod rode into the South from SLO. Tepesquet, Foxen Canyon, Ballard Canyon, Solvang, Buellton, Santa Rosa Creek, return via Harris Grade, past Casmalia and the "Lost Highway", Guadalupe, Oceano, Pismo, etc.

Anybody can send me a PM if you got the time for a ride on Monday and want to run it with me?

Beautiful pictures. I loved the slide show -- wish I knew how to do that. Nice shot of George at the Pozo Bar. He looks like he owns it! What's up with all the dollar bills on the ceiling?