Central Kali ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcarver

Reaction score
A local yokal named Barry, on this board as Airhead-something-something, is always generating spam emails about upcoming local rides.

"Ride this Wed to Big Sur!"

"Ride this Friday to Jalama!"

"Ride this Tuesday to Jockos!"

and, well you get the idea.

The bastard's retired, thinks all of life is a party, simply goes to the mailbox to collect the big fat check, then states

"Let's ride, boyz!"

Ok, sure, embellished just a bit :rolleyes: .

Truthfully, he's a hell of a nice guy and the worlds smartest human-GPS.

He's forgotten more roads than I've ridden, sets a good pace, and is always in a good mood.

I mean, why wouldn't he be - he's retired, collecting fat retirement checks and can ride anytime he wants to!

:fuck:

So, since Barry finally had a Sunday ride, so us working stiffs could go, I went.

BTW - this RR is really pretty weak, but since so many of our brethren are snowed in, and football domes are collapsing in Minn-eeeee-Soda and what not, I'd thought I'd take the time to post, not to rub it in :devil: but in order to offer hope. :drinks: .

The meet up point, Santa Margarita, Ca, just off the 101 north of San Luis Obispo.

DSC08195.jpg

Lots of different bikes, BMW, Cagiva, Harley, Suzuki, 3 FJR's. BTW, TreeDoc, where the hell were you, bubba?

DSC08197.jpg

It was sunny and actually warm in Santa Margarita, about 72F and with the base layers and all it was too hot. I actually thought I might break out in perspiration. Fortunately, the weather got really nasty just several miles up the road. Check this out..

DSC08199.jpg

The brave and intrepid Kali rides pressed forward, even against all weather odds and were rewarded with..

DSC08200.jpg

At the junction of 58W and Bitterwater the group stopped to reassemble as the fast riders had jetted ahead and the other riders had a slower start. Good group riding today, I was impressed with the quality of riders in this eclectic group.

DSC08203.jpg

Bitterwater road, looking North.

DSC08204.jpg

Lots of farmers are preparing the ground for hay, barley, wheat. It's that time of year out here.

DSC08205.jpg

Next stop, Parkfield, Ca, 'Earthquake Capitol of the World'.

DSC08206.jpg

The Cagiva sounded great, and smelled like a real motorbike should, with hot oil scents wafting up and behind. Great bike.

DSC08207.jpg

DSC08208.jpg

Once again, as usual, KrZy8 was the dirtiest old whore there. And yes, SkooterG, I'm stealing the term 'dirty old whore' from you since your DOW, bless her heart, is now RIP.

DSC08211.jpg

The Parkfield Inn did a GREAT job accommodating all of us - individual checks, complimentary bottles of wine because they thought the service was too slow (I thought it was fine), and the food was really, really good. Check out the interior.

DSC08213.jpg

On the way home, I found BustaNut's heaven.. Just look at all those fine, young, beautiful, shapely....... :chickawow:

DSC08215.jpg

After splitting off from the group, I rode some back roads to find this. I want to go back with the dual sport, sneak in, and see where it goes.. :aaevil:

DSC08216.jpg

Well, that's about it. 200 miles, 11 Am to 4:40 Pm, another fun day in the Kali sun.

Sorry 'bout that, Frostbacks.

DC, love a RR with all different kinds of wheels. Thanks for taking us along.

Side note, escapefjrtist and I rode to the bike show Friday night. BMW GS parked beside us with studded knobby tires. If ya don't have to shovel that fog, don't bitch about it. :p

Thanks for sharing a little sunshine with us Carver. Nice varied group too, makes the ride more interesting! :)

--G

Nice to see the local roads down there. My wife has trailered her horse to the V6 ranch down there to go on some cattle roundups.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool RR, Carver!

I rode with Barry and some of that group up to Ragged a couple-a-few months back and haven't been able to match up ride schedules since but that's looking better, now. I would have been along with you guys today had I not been MOVING to our new place a couple doors down from where we're at here in A.G. Major PITA when you have as much shit as I do!

Looking forward to another ride opportunity from Barry or Marc's emails.

Good one Don! Glad to see you out with the Yokels! Airhead124 IS the glue!

I would have been there with you guys in Parkfield too, if I hadn't been blowing glass! I was trying to figure out how to make a friggin' octopus for a commission! 3 Attempts and NO joy! :angry2: :angry2: :angry:

Tomorrow is another day! Gotta keep plugging away at it, so I can afford (make/make/make, Sell/sell/sell = $$$) before I can make the ride to Baja next March!

Pickin' frickin' olives and pressing them into oil has been takin' the rest of my time (again; pick/pick/pick, sell/sell/sell = $$$).

It's HELL being retired (too much work to do) and I look forward to going back to work in January for the cushy $$$ salary.

I feel very lucky to live where we live! :yahoo:

cheers on the ride report, :clapping: :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Geez, you central cal guys ride in some harsh weather!

Love that area around Parkfield. Thanks for the pictures.

Nothing wrong with that RR, Don! Nice to read when ya can't ride..... though after seeing that ski setup on the GS in the other thread elsewhere, I'm thinking I might put some home-made studs on my nearly shot rear tire of the KLX just to play around!