CFO 2007 - Pick-A-Date

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Honda Hoot is usually around the third weekend in June. Would be good to avoid weekends around then. Ron

What was that saying about "April Showers bringing May Flowers?"

Edit. I voted for April 26-29th but only to go with the most votes at the time. I am open to the most popular date as well.

Edit #2. The Honda Hoot is scheduled for June 20-23rd, 2007

Last edited by a moderator:
I voted May 10-13 since it's between holidays and it will be warmer(read: Not hot) than april.

However,

I am open to what the group decides.

Adam

I'm in for May 10-13, end of month, beginning of month just won't work for me...............work commentments :(

I'm in for May 10-13, end of month, beginning of month just won't work for me...............work commentments :(
Just a suggestion on location. I know Russellville was a success this year but you may wish to consider the Hampton Inn in Clarksville as well. It is a very motorcycle friendly motel and they are used to hosting large groups of riders. It is the best deal for the money in the area as it is really nice and just as convenient to the good roads.

I vote for early May regardless.

It's not that hot in June in Arkansas is it?
2005 I rode from near Kansas City across I-70 to St. Louis through(I-64 & I-57, I-24) Nashville to the Honda Hoot (3rd weekend in June) in Knoxville, TN. (I-40). I guess what I am saying is that I was a couple of hundred miles North of Arkansas and all the way back the temperature never got below 96 degrees after noon. That is the only reason I skipped the Hoot & Dragon this year. Best of luck. Ron

2005 I rode from near Kansas City across I-70 to St. Louis through(I-64 & I-57, I-24) Nashville to the Honda Hoot (3rd weekend in June) in Knoxville, TN. (I-40). I guess what I am saying is that I was a couple of hundred miles North of Arkansas and all the way back the temperature never got below 96 degrees after noon. That is the only reason I skipped the Hoot & Dragon this year. Best of luck. Ron
Guess it wouldn't work to make it later, say the weekend before the '07 WFO, probably even hotter in July? Hiiting both events back-to-back would make for a nice vacation though!

+2. I was there during ISRA rally few years back in June and it was HOT.

Guess it wouldn't work to make it later, say the weekend before the '07 WFO, probably even hotter in July? Hiiting both events back-to-back would make for a nice vacation though!
That is what happend this year... WFO,CFO,EOM were too close togerther for "me" to afford the extended time off.

I would have liked to go to all events, But my time and money could not allow it.

The only reason the New SFO was a hit, Was that i had onough time ti plan for it in between.

I chose WFO this year to be my vacation and would like to make all events next year. I hope there is at least a month in between events.

My $.02

Adam

I lived/worked in Russellville for several years. June is dryer but definitely hotter. April can be cool and is usually pretty stormy. There's actually considerable rain in May as well but temps are usually tolerable. Go here and take a look for yourself. I'm voting for sometime in May.

Clarksville is smaller than Russellville. Both were in dry counties (e.g., no booze, not even beer!) when I lived there, if that matters. Hot Springs is another option (in a wet county), as is Eureka Springs (in a wet county, cooler, neat Victorian town built on a cliff). All are nice and any will be fine--no real preference on my part.

Should be fun!!

I lived/worked in Russellville for several years. June is dryer but definitely hotter. April can be cool and is usually pretty stormy. There's actually considerable rain in May as well but temps are usually tolerable. Go here and take a look for yourself. I'm voting for sometime in May.
Clarksville is smaller than Russellville. Both were in dry counties (e.g., no booze, not even beer!) when I lived there, if that matters. Hot Springs is another option (in a wet county), as is Eureka Springs (in a wet county, cooler, neat Victorian town built on a cliff). All are nice and any will be fine--no real preference on my part.

Should be fun!!
I voted for May also. I also think all those guys with the topcases leave 'em empty to be used as beer wagons. Seems to be the case at every CFO I've been to... :D

Hey guys,

I apologize for bringing this to the table so late, but I had to make sure of my work situation first.

At SFO earlier this month, we discussed having a second spring ride, probably not in Russellville (as to leave Russellville for the fall for SFO). But what has developed for me with this new job, is that I can't have SFO in the fall anymore because of a no-time off policy (the fall is a very busy season in printing). So I had been planning on moving it to the spring ride we had talked about. SFO is my baby and I want to continue to plan it, but obviously we can't have 2 events in the same town, in the same month. I've already emailed Marc about this and he said to post up and present the dilemma to all of you. So how bout it? Would anyone mind if I did SFO in the spring? CFO is welcome to have at it in the fall. And whatever dates you guys pick on this thread is fine by me. May sounds great and early enough out from CO.

Again, I'm sorry, I should have posted up sooner that I had every intention of doing a spring event but I couldn't get on the new website at work until today. Thank god for that!

Wow................Dueling trip captains! How could we go wrong either way? Team captains? A Texas leader & a Missouri Leader?
I know, I know. I'm very sorry bout this! I just really didn't think someone was gonna get started on this so early. I thought we could get through the holidays first but if you guys wanna talk about it now, to get those dates in for vacation time off, I totally understand. And please don't think this is a popularity contest or anything of the sort. I've already spoken to Marc and he's cool with whatever is decided. He just wanted to step up since no one had.

I posted a link to this on the SFO pages so as to pull everyone from there to here to see what's going on. Since you all are talking about nearby or same locations, thought this would be a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.