CFR 2009

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I may have to do this ride.

Have passport, will travel.

Bucket list and all that...

B)

I plan to be there. This will be my first FJR event and I'm looking forward to it.

Dave, if you could use anymore help, just PM me.

Hi all,

My wife is unable to get the time off for this get together so I hope you guys/gals don't mind if I bring a riding buddy of mine with me, unfortunatly he doesn't ride an FJR, he's got a Suzuki Bandit 1250 SEA.

DaveS

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, if its Nakusp, here is a preview of Upper Arrow Lake from the dining room balcony of the Leland Hotel.

Nakusp2.jpg

I would be surprised if Nakusp has accomodations to serve this size of group, but...? I love the area, fast sweepers to the north to Revelstoke, same south to New Denver and then an awesome 30 miles east to Kaslo (with new pavement), great lakeside run south to Balfour, cool ferry ride east over to Crawford Bay and then a fine run to Creston and then a nice run west and back north to Nelson. Or straight south thru New Denver along Lower Arrow Lake, (with some steep dropoffs to the water). Or SW of Nakusp to the Needles ferry and west to Vernon.... and on and on... BTW, first dibs on the dawn run up to the Hot Springs, Wow, that's a great ride, but watch for forest rats in the early AM.

I do love the Kootenay's!

Those pictures are sweet, should stir up some interest. Nice setup on the bike, looks nice next to the lake.

Really looking closely at attending this...

...economics willing I will be there...and hopefully wifey as well on a fly and ride.

What is the weather like temperature wise that time of the year?

F not C degrees for us down south.

B)

What is the weather like temperature wise that time of the year?
F not C degrees for us down south.

B)
72F and sunny AKA, perfect clicky

I've been through here in May, August and September and the weather has always been great.

Start making plans :yahoo:

More the merrier! He will be a convert after seeing all the feejers.

There's a funny story about him and my FJR. To make a long story short, he was trying to decide which to get, an FJR or the new Bandit 1250 so I let him try my bike out. He's a little short in the inseam and when we pulled into a restaurant to get something to eat the bike slowly fell over onto it's right side. The tip over put a few scratch marks on the side bag and fairing which he happily paid for. He decided to go with the Bandit after that and is very happy with it, he's also able to reach the ground quite well while on it. :yahoo:
DaveS

That's not the half of it..ya gotta learn to like fries with gravy on em

ya gotta learn to say eh, eh?

ya gotta learn the names of the various provinces and when they were admitted to the Dominion

ya gotta know where the local Tim Horton's is

ya gotta know that 100 is pretty slow...but will still get you a ticket in the wrong spot

ya gotta know...
ya fergot about the cheese curds on the fries and there is a Tim's on just about every corner! :rolleyes:

We're not picky! Just bring ur passport and leave the gun at home!

We'lll see y'all there!

Hey Mark, thanks for chiming in. Those maps are pretty nice, thanks for posting them up. Didn't see the freshly paved 31A on any of them, that will be a must do I think to slip over to Halcyon Hot Springs for a soak.

All the best good riding buddy.

You guys are killing me with all the nice pics and description of the smooth roads... :rolleyes: Never been to that area, maybe now is the time for an adventure. As a bonus, it's only a short ride away.

I'll be following this thread. :ph34r: Got room for another southerner?

--G

You guys are killing me with all the nice pics and description of the smooth roads... :rolleyes: Never been to that area, maybe now is the time for an adventure. As a bonus, it's only a short ride away.
I'll be following this thread. :ph34r: Got room for another southerner?

--G

Join Marianne and I enroute somewhere in Northern WA. I think Mr Sockmonkey and SO is also coming. Maybe we will get a bunch or unwashed Oregonians together and meet up with some equally unwashed Washingtonians and crash the party?

Status
Not open for further replies.