Cogent/Ohlins Suspension Package

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the ohlins oem kit.. Why did you not work with factory unit ? Ccould this be included in the group buy as a option from Cognet ?
Read the footnote for the FJR: "*Available thru partnership with Cogent Dynamics Inc."

Your getting the same kit, at a discount, from the guy who MADE IT.

Here is the ohlins oem kit.. Why did you not work with factory unit ? Ccould this be included in the group buy as a option from Cognet ?
Read the footnote for the FJR: "*Available thru partnership with Cogent Dynamics Inc."

Your getting the same kit, at a discount, from the guy who MADE IT.
I did read the footnote... Since Cognet is a Ohlins factory dealor perhaps they may also offer both kit's.

Not true, The ohlins oem kit Does Not use the yamaha oem fork caps etc.

I did read the footnote... Since Cognet is a Ohlins factory dealor perhaps they may also offer both kit's.

Peter,

The fork kit in our Group Buy, IS the Ohlins/Cogent kit. There is no other FJR fork kit offered by Ohlins or Cogent. Ohlins valves and springs are combined with parts manufactured by Cogent Dynamics to produce the FJR fork kit. Ohlins does offer fork kits for other bikes that differ from the FJR setup. The pictures I posted early in this thread should illustrate what components are involved.

Hope this clears any confusion.

HA

Last edited by a moderator:

Peter,

The fork kit in our Group Buy, IS the Ohlins/Cogent kit. There is no other FJR fork kit offered by Ohlins or Cogent. Ohlins valves and springs are combined with parts manufactured by Cogent Dynamics to produce the FJR fork kit. Ohlins does offer fork kits for other bikes that differ from the FJR setup. The pictures I posted early in this thread should illustrate what components are involved.

Hope this clears any confusion.Yamaha FJR1300 2006-10 25mm Cartridge Kit from

The link below depicts the FJR kit , this led to a different impression regarding the fork caps. The kit in the link must be a generic unit not actual. Thanks for the dope.

SportbikeTrackGear.com

HA
The link below depicts the FJR kit , this led to a different impression regarding the fork caps. The kit in the link must be a generic unit not actual. Thanks for the dope.

SportbikeTrackGear.com

Sorry posted inside your responce..

Last edited by a moderator: