Color Match Motor Case

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikeysduck

Reaction score
There is fun money to spend on your bike, and the other kind. I need to repaint the left case. Is there a color match for the case paint? I looked at some postings on paint. To much fun stuff to look at. I didn't find what I was looking for.

In the garage, in a hurry, I got off the bike to get my gloves.... going going gone. The kickstand was up, AHHHHH. Gouged the windshield and windshield bracket, scuffed the left bag, minor scratch on the pipe, broke the mirror stalk, scuffed the upper fairing and the compartment door that was open. Cleaned the tail light off my Norton. That's what got the windshield and mirror. I now know of discount parts dealers on the NET. I'll be ordering some soon.

Here's a link to a report by rickster FJR Info with important info and the following about engine paint. Let me know if it matches (not that I want to admit I need it).

"Alternate for darker grey (thanks Dan23) on engine (alternator cover, etc.): Dupli-Color E8800564, dark grey metallic."

[SIZE=12pt]From the FAQ Page; '06-'07 Bin-O'-Facts[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt]Or don't you guys read them very often. I've been an FJR owner since 2003 and I check them often. It keeps me up-to-date...and keeps me informed as to WHERE to look for information for those who can't or won't spend the time to read for themselves.[/SIZE]

IIRC, when you sign onto the forum it is strongly suggested you read those columns to familiarize yourself with the information you might actually need when working on or repairing your FJR.

PaintSo Far -- Yamaha has not released the paint codes for the 2006 or 2007, and refers you to Color Rite.

ColorRite for '07: Clicky

Very Dark Red Metallic #2 (VDRM2) Code: 0957, Top Coat: 5200

ColorRite for '06: Clicky

Bluish Silver (BS#4) Top Coat: 5800-2

Cobalt Blue (DPBMU) Base Coat: 1254, Top Coat: 5254

Alternate for darker grey (thanks Dan23) on engine (alternator cover, etc.): Dupli-Color E8800564, dark grey metallic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Note that a lot of these colors look flat and "not right" unitl you use clear-coat. It can make all the difference in the world!

FYI, Color-rite uses the acrylic urethane Base coat / Clear coat (BC/CC) paint system. You have to spray clear over their base color. I have tried using their rattle cans and have had inconsistent spray patterns - try to avoid them. I usually buy the clear topcoat locally - it costs less. Also, keep in mind, you will usually have to mix hardener in with the clear unless you are using a rattle can.

There is fun money to spend on your bike, and the other kind. I need to repaint the left case. Is there a color match for the case paint? I looked at some postings on paint. To much fun stuff to look at. I didn't find what I was looking for.
In the garage, in a hurry, I got off the bike to get my gloves.... going going gone. The kickstand was up, AHHHHH. Gouged the windshield and windshield bracket, scuffed the left bag, minor scratch on the pipe, broke the mirror stalk, scuffed the upper fairing and the compartment door that was open. Cleaned the tail light off my Norton. That's what got the windshield and mirror. I now know of discount parts dealers on the NET. I'll be ordering some soon.
What you need is crash protectors and engine armor from FJR Goodies.com Steve