Concord, CA. Yamaha Of Concord

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

painman

Reaction score
Bought an 06 and only had one issue of a loose bolt on the front axel. The service mgr. offered up a free 600 mi. service in good faith. Not too many would do that for a customer! They have a good service dept. Would reccomend them. PM. <><

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried purchasing my '05 from them but ended up walking out. They were jacking up the "dealer prep" and would not budge on it. Drove over to Jim and Jim's in Santa Rosa and saved $300.00

I would not go back to Concord Yamahahaha.. :argue:

Motorgod, I didn't have that problem. Prob mattered who you delt with. This could happen most anywhere. Sorry you had to drive so far. PM. <><

Bought an 06 and only had one issue of a loose bolt on the front axel. The service mgr. offered up a free 600 mi. service in good faith. Not too many would do that for a customer! They have a good service dept. Would reccomend them. PM. <><

I've bought 2 bikes from them--one used & one new ('00 Road Star) & they do all my service work. I've had mixed results, but on the whole I'm pleased with my treatment. I'll likely buy my FJR from them once I'm in a financial position to do so.

I've bought 2 bikes from them--one used & one new ('00 Road Star) & they do all my service work. I've had mixed results, but on the whole I'm pleased with my treatment. I'll likely buy my FJR from them once I'm in a financial position to do so.
I'm starting to deal with the brake problem (master cyclinder) issue i'm having, and the replacement of the instant MPG readout issue to replace the unit. I'll let you know how it all turns out as soon as its done. Right now I would reccomend them. As a whole, I've questioned the caliber of service at most Yamaha dealers in general though. I know this is stereo typing but that has been my experience. And its not only Yamaha. I know there are probablly some good places out there but not in my area. Rating, questionable but ok. The jury really is still out. PM. <>< :)

Good to read that Concord Yamaha is back in stride. My most recent visit was not up to par and repeated problems with parts department ordering the wrong tires has steered me away, even though I bought my "03 new from them in 2002. I found the techs to be first rate and the FJR was always super smooth after their attention, but a constant change in service managers made for poor communication and unfriendly reception.

Based on your experience, it would seem that service has changed for the better. Thanks for the update.

Leonard

Oakley, CA

Good to read that Concord Yamaha is back in stride. My most recent visit was not up to par and repeated problems with parts department ordering the wrong tires has steered me away, even though I bought my "03 new from them in 2002. I found the techs to be first rate and the FJR was always super smooth after their attention, but a constant change in service managers made for poor communication and unfriendly reception.Based on your experience, it would seem that service has changed for the better. Thanks for the update.

Leonard

Oakley, CA
Leonard, if I may suggest if you want to purchase any parts for the FJR, I highly reccomend Gary McCoy of University Motors in North Dakota. There are allot of folks on the Forum deal with them. I have purchased some parts and they were spot on and some great savings. Also, if interested lets get together for a ride someday since your so close. Del. Antioch, Ca.

The master front brake sub-assembly was replaced by Yamaha after some considerable coaxing on my part. The part had been defective since the day I purchasced but was rideable. It progressively got worse and after some deliberating with the service manager I was taken care of. I could not understand why I had to go through this process as 3 persons in the service department conformed I had a problem including the service manager himself and this was in the end a considerable safety issue. I was not happy with this. But, they did come through and all is working well with the 06 FJR now. I must include that the actual work performed by Concord has been spot on everytime and that is the main reason I purchased the bike from them, buy word of mouth, even though I could have gotten a better price somewhere else. Communication is an issue here as I was told I would be telephoned several times and never was. And there is some communication issues between the staff. Better customer service is an issue as I've become to understand it to be an issue at alot of dealers. If you treat the customer right they will come and buy the products. But I would reccomend these guys as they're probabally as good as most dealers and service departments. PM. <><

Also, if interested lets get together for a ride someday since your so close. Del. Antioch, Ca.
I've been getting my services done at Concord Yamaha, and recently spoke to the service manager about the level of service. He was great. He listened and said all the right things.

Having ridden a Harley Sportster for the previous three years, I was spoiled by the level of service and professionalism at McGuire Harley in Walnut Creek. At Concord Yamaha, they don't acknowledge you when you walk in the door, or remember your name. I just like to be treated like a customer.

I recently got some tires put on at Bay Area Yamaha by SFO, and they were really great to work with.

JB

Concord, CA