Confused... what is a 2006 FJR1300 ABS?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aasland

Depleted
Reaction score
Twice now this happened to me.

I have a 2006 FJR1300A. That's what all my paperwork says.

Recently I ordered brake pads from Motorcyclesuperstore.com and using the drop down boxes I find brake pads that fit "2006 FJR1300 ABS" which sounds exactly like what I have.

The pads arrive - they are too large and not enough. I complain to motorcyclesuperstore that they shouldn't charge me to return them because they don't fit the bike and they point out that I ordered them for the wrong bike.

I have always thought that since 2006 the FJR's came in two flavors ... ABS+clutch and ABS-clutch (with some minor variations every year - color etc).

Is there a third version called an "FJR1300 ABS" ??

No, there is no third model. I am with you, I would have thought FJR1300A and FJR1300ABS are interchangeable. They SHOULD be interchangeable. Sounds to me like they sent you Gen I brake pads and THEY have something screwed up.

I jut looked on the web site all of the front pads for 2006 no matter what model are the same. I would call them back and give them hell. Also jut buy from your local dealer that way you know what you are getting.

Superstore has something screwed up with their ordering screens. All GENII's (from '06 up) use the same front pads. I'm with the others...they should pay the return shipping and make it right.

--G

Last edited by a moderator:
How many pairs of front pads did you get? The Gen-II calipers take 4 individual pads in each caliper, 8 in all. The Gen-I bikes only take 2 pads per side, 4 in all. Gen-II pads only cover one piston, Gen-I pads cover two pistons. If you got four larger pads instead of eight smaller ones, you got a Gen-I set.

The 2006 and up Gen-II bikes had ABS standard, and whether it was an A or an AE makes no difference as to the brake pad needed.

If you ordered 2006 pads and got 2005, it's their mistake.

Now the bad news. The 2006 set will cost more than the 2005 set.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what I figgurd. Thanks for the info ... also had to return SS brake lines (no line for the linked brake).

I agree, I think they send me the Gen I pads. There were only 4, and yes, I need 8. Their website claims "one set per caliper .. so 2x calipers = 2x items."

And no.. I can't order locally unless I want to pay the full list price and wait a week and pay sales tax. So I ordered from Zanotti's.

Latest posts