Connecticut Motorcycle dealers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NSrider

Reaction score
Can any CT riders recommend a place to purchase a new rear tire for an FZ6R? we find ourself in need af a new one much sooner than I expected. We are going to stay here in Southington for the night. Hopefully we can find something nearby.

That sucks, best of luck in your hunt. I hope the remainder of the trip goes better.

I just e-mailed you the FJR assistance list, looks like three riders in your are.

Canadian FJR

Last edited by a moderator:
Can any CT riders recommend a place to purchase a new rear tire for an FZ6R? we find ourself in need af a new one much sooner than I expected. We are going to stay here in Southington for the night. Hopefully we can find something nearby.

A bit south but Libby's is very reputable, bought my FJR from them

https://www.libbysmotoworld.com/map_hours.asp

Farther East, Motorsports nation in Plainfield has done good service for me in the past

https://www.msnplainfield.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
yup Libby's is where I bought 2 bikes. Bring the wheel and some beer Mark will have you out of there in no time! Tell 'em Algawg sent ya. If you carry the wheel in, they mount and balance for free. Otherwise they charge, if you need to be picked up they have a truck. Their number is 203-772-1112, and they open at 8am mon. Good luck, and if you need more help just post up, I live nearby.

Thanks mossyrocks13k, went to libbys this morning when they opened. Fortunately they had one tire in the correct size, a Continental. They saved me the tax and I got a free Libbys T-shirt plus some ratchet straps to secure the tire for the trip back to Southington. We were back on the road by 1:00 and are Allentown PA tonight.