Considering a trade

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mk2wilson

Reaction score
I am thinking about trading someone my two brothers exhuast for their mint stock exhuast. My exhaust is:

My link

That is the cheapest I have found it. It only has about 100 miles or so on it. My question is what would be a fair amount of cash to ask for in the trade? I only went with aftermarket exhaust because my stock exhaust had a few dings from the PO. I love the look of the two brothers, but preffer the volume of stock.

Probably 1/2 what you gave for the aftermarket cans in trade for "mint" stockers. I have a pair of mint stockers, however I already have a set of muzzy titanium cans installed. I love the sound. I am sure you will find someone willing to trade.

I am thinking about trading someone my two brothers exhuast for their mint stock exhuast. My exhaust is:

My link

That is the cheapest I have found it. It only has about 100 miles or so on it. My question is what would be a fair amount of cash to ask for in the trade? I only went with aftermarket exhaust because my stock exhaust had a few dings from the PO. I love the look of the two brothers, but preffer the volume of stock.
I would think since the cost of "mint" OEM units would set you back well over $1000, YOU should be considering how much it would cost YOU, not the person you trade with, since the OEM units go for $537 per side. If it were me, I would be happy with an "even-up" trade and be thankful.

IMHO

Last edited by a moderator:

My link

I would think since the cost of "mint" OEM units would set you back well over $1000, YOU should be considering how much it would cost YOU, not the person you trade with, since the OEM units go for $537 per side. If it were me, I would be happy with an "even-up" trade and be thankful.

IMHO
You and I both know that removed stock exhaust does not sell for anywhere near $1000!

You and I both know that removed stock exhaust does not sell for anywhere near $1000!
But to be fair, you and I both know that any removed exhaust should not sell for anything near the new price, regardless of miles on it.

I'll trade you straight up for the used stock cans I have. New they cost $620 for the right and $634 for the left https://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/2007-yamaha-fjr1300a-fjr13aw/o/m145141#sch642368. I'll even do this: I'll ship mine at my cost. You evaluate and ship whichever you what at your cost: send mine back or ship yours, makes no difference to me. Yer gonna have to pay to ship something, right? Whatcha think?

The most recent discussion on the cost of OEM exhaust was here CLICKY

I've seen them for all kinds of prices on the forum, but not very often. As to their value, I'm with Radio on this one.

Gary

Last edited by a moderator:

My link

IMHO
mk2,

I dunno. To me, "mint" OEM is the same as "new". It's not like an OEM slip-on is a "wear item" like tires, batteries, etc.

My point is simply at the price you quoted in you original post was $646 for a new set, on sale. That's $400 LESS than an OEM set, so an "Even-Steven" trade should be more than satisfactory.

Are you implying that a set of 2-Bros. slip-ons is worth MORE than a set of OEMs? 'cause they ain't.

Worth is all in the opinion of the buyer and the seller. What it really comes down to I think is what either would go for on ebay. I dunno about stock FJR pipes but a stock GSX-R pipe usually won't go for much as every Gixxer owner has replaced theirs and they have them just sitting around the garage. A gixxer Yosh pipe though on ebay will command a nice price. Therefore a used aftermarket pipe will have more worth than a stock pipe will in this case.

But FJR owners aren't so willing to part with the quiet stock ride, so I'm not sure. Probably not as many of those pipes sitting around undented and unrashed. That changes things a bit. Of course, if someone with stock pipes is willing to slip him some cash for the trade, then there you have your "worth."

Of course, instead of fishing, the seller should determine what he thinks is the difference in worth and just post that and see if he gets any takers. If not, lower it, then maybe offer even trade, maybe add some cash. Somewhere along the line the seller will either find a buyer that agrees with his "Worth" or he'll take them off the market.

I'll trade you straight up for the used stock cans I have. New they cost $620 for the right and $634 for the left https://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/2007-yamaha-fjr1300a-fjr13aw/o/m145141#sch642368. I'll even do this: I'll ship mine at my cost. You evaluate and ship whichever you want at your cost: send mine back or ship yours, makes no difference to me. Yer gonna have to pay to ship something, right? Whatcha think?
BTW, this is a serious offer. Lemme know.....

I am thinking about trading someone my two brothers exhuast....

I'll trade you straight up for the used stock cans I have. New they cost $620 for the right and $634 for the left https://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/2007-yamaha-fjr1300a-fjr13aw/o/m145141#sch642368. I'll even do this: I'll ship mine at my cost. You evaluate and ship whichever you want at your cost: send mine back or ship yours, makes no difference to me. Yer gonna have to pay to ship something, right? Whatcha think?
BTW, this is a serious offer. Lemme know.....
I'm guessing based on the roar of the crickets that the offer is rejected? Yes? No? Maybe? When you get a minute, lemme know.