Contact info for FJRay?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All fixed. Greg is test riding now. Small leak perhaps in upper left hand rad, core near tank bottom. Really small. Tightened hoses, all looked ok.1/4 bottle of Barr's just to be sure. Nice to have truck and trailer full of tools.. 😀

All fixed. Greg is test riding now. Small leak perhaps in upper left hand rad, core near tank bottom. Really small. Tightened hoses, all looked ok.1/4 bottle of Barr's just to be sure. Nice to have truck and trailer full of tools.. 😀
What is it with that particular section of radiator?  On my '07,  I developed a rad leak in the upper left quadrant - from the backside.  Seems to me that dcarver had a leak in his '06 in a similar spot.  Someone else did as well - can't remember who.  Here is my leak test.  Slight pressurization with air and soap solution. 

35627017012_36665ca4e7.jpg

What is it with that particular section of radiator?  On my '07,  I developed a rad leak in the upper left quadrant - from the backside.  Seems to me that dcarver had a leak in his '06 in a similar spot.  Someone else did as well - can't remember who.  Here is my leak test.  Slight pressurization with air and soap solution. 

35627017012_36665ca4e7.jpg
Ross, different location me thinks. Upper left as viewed from radiator front side. At this time the leak is itsy-bitsy. Of course SkooterG ain't back yet so who knows?

Ah.  Mine upper left as seen from backside.  In either case, not likely a rock puncture. Great that he got it sorted out so quickly.  Hope the Barr's works out.  

Don't really like to use Barr's but this is an old bike with lots of miles and used rad that Greg installed many miles ago. I rode KrZy8 with much worse 'weep' for months.

Latest posts