Convex Mirrors;

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the best addition I made on this bike would be the FZ1 mirrors. Now I can see behind me instead of how wonderful my shoulders look.

Rog

When did looking over your shoulders go out of fashion? :unsure:
Thats the problem. The arthritis that I deal with won't allow me enough range of motion in my neck to perform the look. PM. <><

Ahhhhh Medical problems that I understand. As we all get older the motion of body parts tend to have less travel.

I myself have 2" convex mirrors on my bike but I find all they help to do is know bag hard bags are still there.

Last edited by a moderator:
When did looking over your shoulders go out of fashion? :unsure:
Thats the problem. The arthritis that I deal with won't allow me enough range of motion in my neck to perform the look. PM. <><

Ahhhhh Medical problems that I understand. As we all get older the motion of body parts tend to have less travel.

I myself have 2" convex mirrors on my bike but I find all they help to do is know bag hard bags are still there.
I installed the Multivex mirros on my 05, and wasn't happy with the edge of the new mirror sticking out of the casing. I took black gasket in a tube and filled all the edge around the new mirror, if you work it you end up with a smooth black edge that matches the casing. The end result is quite good and you don't have to worry about overcooking your new mirrors.

Good luck! B)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been thinking about getting a set of FZ1 mirrors for my '04, but just now ordered Multivex lenses instead.
FWIW, my wife gave me FZ1 mirrors for xmas and I love 'em. Far better coverage than the stockers, which weren't good for much more than making sure I didn't have too much insect accumulation on my biceps.... :glare:

The OP might consider this as an alternative to the other offerings: https://tinyurl.com/rykgq

Bob

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I've been thinking about getting a set of FZ1 mirrors for my '04, but just now ordered Multivex lenses instead.
FWIW, my wife gave me FZ1 mirrors for xmas and I love 'em. Far better coverage than the stockers, which weren't good for much more than making sure I didn't have too much insect accumulation on my biceps.... :glare:

The OP might consider this as an alternative to the other offerings: https://tinyurl.com/rykgq

Bob

Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I don't know about your bike, but my 2006 mirrors are doing just fine. It just took some getting use to. No problem with any forearm issue and they are convex. No need to butcher up the program. By being able to leave the stock mirrors with no problems, I'm able to funnel more funds into some other farkles that really will benefit me. Blessings. PM. <>< :D

Picture001.jpg

Got the Multivex mirrors today. I have not tried them yet but they look like shit. $90, templates, questions about original glass being recessed, templates sent in April, and companies going backwards move quicker that this one. I was expecting something close to custom fit. He could have made a square one to just glue to the plastic frame and looked better that this. I wish I would have got the Walmart specials and put them on the inside corner now. If they work really well I will see if I can cover the gap and make them look like part of the bike. :angry:

I tried the multivex mirrors and didn't like them at all. I couldn't stand the way the mirrors distort the view.

Sent them back for a refund. One did fit beautifullly and other had a 1/16" gap all around it and looked crummy.

I do have the FZ1 mirrors though and so they stand out farther away than the OEM stalks. YMMV.