Corbin 29" front seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rivgar

Reaction score
I have been thinking about a Corbin front seat for my 2006 FJR.

I like the fact that it lowers the seat height to 29". That will help me in reaching the ground closer to flat footed which I would very much like.

Does anyone here have one of these seats on a 2006? If so how do you like it?

Thanks,

Bill

I have been thinking about a Corbin front seat for my 2006 FJR.I like the fact that it lowers the seat height to 29". That will help me in reaching the ground closer to flat footed which I would very much like.

Thanks,

Bill
Bill... look at my post here. https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=9316

Ed... :D

I have been thinking about a Corbin front seat for my 2006 FJR.I like the fact that it lowers the seat height to 29". That will help me in reaching the ground closer to flat footed which I would very much like.

Thanks,

Bill
i have just installed the corbin yesturday. i have the audiovox cruise canister under my seat, and the corbin fits with good clearance. i am happy with the comfort of the seat, it does keep me from sliding into the tank more than the stockseat, and sets me lower and puts slightly more bend in my knees. will have to see how it does on a long ride.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks,

Bill
Thanks Ed,

After reading your post and rcan08's post I bought the front seat today.

My wife is not interested in riding anymore so I did not order the back seat or the back rest.

Maybe I will get it at a later time if needed. :unsure:

Ed, not to give your secrets away, but I see from one of your pics that you were at Barkhamsted Reservoir.

I was out there early this morning on RT's 20, 219, 8, and 57. It was very nice this morning before they turned on the heat.

Guys, once you ordered your seats how long did it take before you received them?

rcan08,

I am very interested in your Audiovox cruise control set up. How is it working out for you? Is it a straight forward install? I am interested and any suggestions would be appreciated. I am heading out to CO from CT in August to see some old friends and the cruise control is something I would like to have for the trip.

Thanks guys!!!!

Bill

Hey Bill,

I ordered the Corbin front seat for my 06 and should have it in about a week or so. I'm only 5'3', so I've requested that they modifiy the seat to make it as low and narrow as possible without sacrificing comfort. I can let you know how much difference it makes as soon as I try it out. I already got the smuggler trunk and I love it!

Judi

I have been thinking about a Corbin front seat for my 2006 FJR.

I like the fact that it lowers the seat height to 29". That will help me in reaching the ground closer to flat footed which I would very much like.

Thanks,

Bill
Thanks Ed,

After reading your post and rcan08's post I bought the front seat today.

My wife is not interested in riding anymore so I did not order the back seat or the back rest.

Maybe I will get it at a later time if needed. :unsure:

Ed, not to give your secrets away, but I see from one of your pics that you were at Barkhamsted Reservoir.

I was out there early this morning on RT's 20, 219, 8, and 57. It was very nice this morning before they turned on the heat.

Guys, once you ordered your seats how long did it take before you received them?

rcan08,

I am very interested in your Audiovox cruise control set up. How is it working out for you? Is it a straight forward install? I am interested and any suggestions would be appreciated. I am heading out to CO from CT in August to see some old friends and the cruise control is something I would like to have for the trip.

Thanks guys!!!!

Bill
Bill, the CC works great. its pretty straight forward install. check some of the posts on here for good pics i'm-all-in did a nice write up. it is real nice on the open road.

randy

Is it possible for Corbin to make the seat sit higher? I am 5'11" with a 31" inseam. The seat height on my 2003 was perfect- but on the 06 the low position seems to low and the high position a bit too high- would like something in between. But it seems that the corbin seat is 2.5" lower thatn the 06 on the high setting- that will make my knees too bent...

John

will someone set me straight on the seat for the 06. I heard there were two corbins models for it. the two piece seat would actually raise the lowest position your could be in by one inch. The canyon one piece set could be made as an "up close" and lowered the seat by about 1 inch.

the corbin site is only showing the two piece unit.

Whats the real scoop?

GreyGoose

will someone set me straight on the seat for the 06. I heard there were two corbins models for it. the two piece seat would actually raise the lowest position your could be in by one inch. The canyon one piece set could be made as an "up close" and lowered the seat by about 1 inch.
the corbin site is only showing the two piece unit.

Whats the real scoop?

GreyGoose
that was for the 2003 to 2005

personally I think Corbin screwed up. I have bought two Corbins in the past and liked them. I was ready to by another for the 06, till they got lazy and didn't make it hieght adjustable. I,m 6'4'' and don't want a lower seat thank you. bete.

personally I think Corbin screwed up. I have bought two Corbins in the past and liked them. I was ready to by another for the 06, till they got lazy and didn't make it hieght adjustable. I,m 6'4'' and don't want a lower seat thank you. bete.
+1

Tracking someone down at sargent cycle to see if they are coming up with something that is more rider friendly.

Last edited by a moderator:
+1

Tracking someone down at sargent cycle to see if they are coming up with something that is more rider friendly.
Just talked with Sargent R&D and they said their seat will not be out until next spring..

Corbin will make the seat taller if you request it. I just ordered one +2" taller as I am 6'3" and prefer the taller seat.

Tony

I too am interested in the Corbin with +2". I'm 6.2 and the height of the top setting of the stock works well except the seat is painful after 3-4 hours. Had a Corbin on my last bike with 2" added an it was great. Not sure how good the 06 seat will look with the added foam. Please post a picture with your impressions.

Thanks

Corbin will make the seat taller if you request it. I just ordered one +2" taller as I am 6'3" and prefer the taller seat.

Tony
at 29" the corbin seat is already 2.5 inches lower than the stock seat in the low position....a +2 is useless.