• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Corbin Seat for Gen 1

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nels Erickson

Reaction score
Corbin gunfighter and lady seat for Gen 1. Blue piping so it matches the 2005 perfectly.

DSCF0562.jpg

DSCF0563.jpg

DSCF0564.jpg

DSCF0565.jpg

$250 plus shipping.

I'm in Minneapolis, MN and happy to arrange a local pickup.

The Corbin seat for the Gen 1 should be a Canyon Dual Sport not the Gunfighter. The next question I have is it a Close Canyon Dual Sport or just the normal Canyon Dual Sport? What are the 3 holes in the plastic on the underneath of the seat. I am interested. I live in Nova Scotia Canada.

Steve, you're probably right on the name. I bought it from a forum member a couple years back, so I had forgotten the name. I'm 99% sure that it's the standard Canyon and not the close. I had also forgotten that I have the backrest for it if you're interested. $75 for the backrest or I can sell it separately later.

As for the 3 holes, they appear to be how the seat came from Corbin. It looks like some of the foam used in making the seat was injected in from the bottom. They have always been there since I got the seat. I can take some closer pictures if you would like.

I purchased a "Day Long", late last fall, and haven't had a chance to go for a good long ride. Any other forum members that have the day long saddles swear by them, but as some of us have done, like me, I purchased a second hand day long which was made for a 225lb and 30" inseam rider. Well I'm 5'8" 185lbs and 29" inseam. I had a corbin on a prior bike and loved it, which is why I am inquiring about your corbin. Anyway enough rambling, I'm still considering your corbin, but I think my best bet is to give the day long a decent shot and see how I make out. If we get some good weather out here in Atlantic Canada sometime soon, I'll be able to try it out, otherwise my maiden voyage will be a 1200km trek to Laconia in june.

No worries Steve.

For reference, I'm 5"10" with a 30" inseam and about 195 lbs. Should be a good fit for you if you decide to go with it.

Steve, you're probably right on the name. I bought it from a forum member a couple years back, so I had forgotten the name. I'm 99% sure that it's the standard Canyon and not the close. I had also forgotten that I have the backrest for it if you're interested. $75 for the backrest or I can sell it separately later.

As for the 3 holes, they appear to be how the seat came from Corbin. It looks like some of the foam used in making the seat was injected in from the bottom. They have always been there since I got the seat. I can take some closer pictures if you would like.
Nels, I may be interested in the backrest. Got a picture? How much for shipping to 93306?

Thanks

Latest posts