Corbin Seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjsharks

Reaction score
I have a Corbin Seat that came on my FJR, which is a 2004. This may seem stupid, but does anyone know how to take it off? I can't seem to get it to come off and I do not want to break anything. Thanks.

My '05 came with a Corbin, the one-piece style. Maybe they're all one piece; I've never seen a 2-pc. Corbin FJR seat. Anyway, it was VERY tight, front-to-back. It took a pretty big effort to get the back lip of it free. It was hanging up on the luggage rack, IIRC. It DOES come off. Might just need some more force. Just guessing that's the problem.

You, um, did find the keyhole on the left side, below the seat, that unlocks it, right?

My '05 came with a Corbin, the one-piece style. Maybe they're all one piece; I've never seen a 2-pc. Corbin FJR seat. Anyway, it was VERY tight, front-to-back. It took a pretty big effort to get the back lip of it free. It was hanging up on the luggage rack, IIRC. It DOES come off. Might just need some more force. Just guessing that's the problem.

You, um, did find the keyhole on the left side, below the seat, that unlocks it, right?
No, I did not find the keyhole, I will check again. This is the one piece, you are right. There is a hole covered by a flap in back, but only a screwdriver will fit in there and it does nothing. Thx.

Thanks!! I got it. Now, how do I jumpstart my bike, since I left it on 2 days ago when I looked at this before? :rolleyes:

Thanks!! I got it. Now, how do I jumpstart my bike, since I left it on 2 days ago when I looked at this before? :rolleyes:
Geez. Well, from your car battery is fine, but "on" two days is tough on the battery. Might have killed it. Good luck. (It might start, but not hold a charge. How do I know this? Don't ask.)

Just connect red to black. Right? NO! KIDDING!

By the way, I use a couple metal bars that I hold in the clamps on the "bike end" of the jumper cables. 1) Hook both cables to car battery. 2) Just touch metal bars to bike battery terminals. Saves making yourself crazy trying to fasten a big car jumper cable clamp onto a tiny little m/c battery terminal. You might need a helper to hold one of the cables to the bike battery while you start it.

Oh, and don't hold both of the cables in the same hand after they're connected to the car battery. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a hole covered by a flap in back, but only a screwdriver will fit in there and it does nothing. .
That hole is where you stick the post for the overpriced passenger backrest you can buy from Corbin. Just have your passenger lean back against your top case or whatever backpack thing you want to tie down to your rear rack.

sjskarks:

Now that you got the seat off, I hope there was an owners manual under there. If so, study it. If not, get one and study it. Then lurk on this forum a lot. You may learn much that is needed. Good luck and welcome.

I see no one bothered to mention to the new fella that the battery ain't under the seat. Shame!

The battery is up in the nose of the bike, under the black panel right in front of the throttle, in case you didn't know. :p